Family hobbies.

What do you do in your spare time? Do you have a hobby that you share with your family? (I’m including the pub in my question :wink: )
The kids find my gardening a bit boring but they are interested in my cooking when its put on the table. :unamused: My O/H, repton on the other hand does a lot of off roading and we have a vintage tractor we are trying to restore (well its more a case of dismantling at the moment.) So the two lads find repton much more interesting than mum.
So basically I was interested in what you do as a family and what you all enjoy?

As my hubby is away all week and somtimes does not get home till Saturday, there is not much time to do things together. Apart from shopping and working in the garden, we have been working on the loft to make it great for storage, and hope to use it more when we have finished sorting boxes etc, either throw things away or charity shop donations. Hopefully I will be able to make room for my hoard of books, therefore will finish up as a library.

Spare time?? What is that!

I do enjoy gardening which brings down any stress levels that are creeping in. I also enjoy writing so have managed to write two books and working on the third although I am also writing a comedy book too on the side so I digress a lot.
Cooking is not a favourite hobby but I do it under suffrance
Restoring cars is good fun. We have restored our 1960 Dodge Phonix but now considering betting an old Moggie 1000 and fitting it out with a V8 engine.
That should be fun! I enjoy welding and bodywork in general but dont enjoy working on the engines.
We also spend lots of time at hot rod, custom car and drag race meets as I am one of the organising committee of these so always get to be there.
So as I said.
What spare time! :laughing: :laughing:

my spare time these days is taken up like alot of dads ferrying my 17 yr old girl around, the normal 2.00 a.m can you fetch me dad , but id have it no other way, i just wouldnt settle if i didnt know she was safely tucked up in bed.
when she eventually settles down then my hobby will be the 2nd great love of my life BRISTOL ROVERS F.C

I still play Rugby on Saturdays. As a family we also like to go walking in the Peak District.
I also spend alot of time keeping my MG roadster in mint condition…Thats nearlly a full time job. Like to go off roading with the Lanny.
I also really enjoy cooking any sort from Indian to English.
I go to the gym when I can, we are a active sort of family always doing something
Don’t watch much tv only Rugby on Sky, thank god for sky +
SMc
Just a bit muddy at tixover

The Team I play for, this was away at Market Harborough… WE WON

Our pride and Joy!!

Kids have grown up now, although our daughter still lives at home. That gives us time to do what we want. this means being out on the bike ( motor that is) most weekends even in the winter.
We have spent most of our holidays touring over the last few years. Sterting with the lakes, then scotland. Deciding to broaden our horizons the next tour was the east of France, Calais to Nice and back. This went well so the next tour was France, Italy as far as Pompei then back through Switzerland and France.
The last tour we did was the west of France, Boulogne to Narbonne and back through the Central Massif. That was in 2006, 2008 is undecided might not be a tour.
For the bikers the bikes used were
the Lakes CX 500
Scotland XJ 900f
The two french tours XJR 1300
Italy ST 1300 Pan European
We took a Pan because ten days before we were due to leave one of my nierghbours reversed out of his drive without looking and knocked me off the XJR causing £2,900 worth of damage. Which was a pity as I would have prefered to take the XJR. The Pan was a hire bike.

Cool pics. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I’ll get the boss (repton) to sort some pics of our machines out though they are not as posh as yours. :blush:
Oh and the garden is a work in progress. :blush: :blush: :laughing:

I’ve got some more of the various lannys I’ve had…They always end up being driven around Tixover!!!
SMc

If you have more pics I would love to see them. :smiley: repton is on long hours running a bulker over to Liverpool but there will be pics soon. :blush:

Ladytrucker679:
I’ll get the boss (repton) to sort some pics of our machines out though they are not as posh as yours.

Here they are:

Paul