Piles

Bit of a taboo i know…but has anyone any tips on how to combat these buggers AND spend maybe 8 hours a day sitting on your arse?

I’ve been in agony since a course of antibiotics at start of january had a week off mid jan with them, which seemed to ease it a bit, but was back a week and a half and then developed a massive perianal haematoma…think blood clot in a pile which wont go back up…think :open_mouth:

Went private [via wifes BUPA] at the weekend to get it drained under a general anasthetic, would have cost too much waiting on 6 months for the NHS to get round to me, but not looking good for returning to work this week either

Losing £75 a day here :cry:

the next time one drops and clots, puncture it and call your doctor out.
its messy I know but my doc sent me straight to hospital and I had them all cut out, never had one since.
mine burst by the way, I didn’t puncture mine deliberately but the principle is the same

biggusdickusgb:
its messy I know but my doc sent me straight to hospital and I had them all cut out, never had one since.

Ouch! :open_mouth: I can understand the principle and the desperation but that sounds a little drastic and may I say a little dangerous :open_mouth: . Has there been much improvement since the BUPA appointment?

biggusdickusgb:

Cant imagine anything more painful to be honest, but the way this dragging on may need something that drastic :cry:

Ladytrucker679:
Has there been much improvement since the BUPA appointment?

Only until the Morphine wore off, unfortunately.

Its almost as bad as ever now, have a feeling haematoma is masking an abcess, was gonna try goin back to work today, but not a chance…cant sit and have to lie in bath every time i go to the loo :frowning:

if they put you under general to drain one, why didn’t they remove them all while you’re out.
its obvious you have a problem, they should’ve got rid of the problem while you were under.

biggusdickusgb:
if they put you under general to drain one, why didn’t they remove them all while you’re out.
its obvious you have a problem, they should’ve got rid of the problem while you were under.

This time I agree with Steve you obviously need to kick up a fuss because you need help, you can’t keep carry on suffering like you are doing. :frowning:

He literally had 30 mins theatre time to get me in and drain the haematoma, says anything major at moment down there would leave me heavily scarred and potentially incontinent :open_mouth:

Have been back to hospital since to get it looked at, and talked to surgeon on phone, but he says will have to let it subside gradually [4 weeks] then get the whole lot lasered off :open_mouth:

If it would go down enough to let me sit it would at least be a start.

Thanks for replies :slight_smile:

shudder :open_mouth: Best of luck mate. :slight_smile:

Its when you discover how many real friends you have :smiley:

We went racing last year in France and one of the lads popped a taggy nut.

We convinced him that he had to push it back in or ask his room mate to help.

A more disgusting video on a camera phone I have yet to witness :smiley: