Acupuncture

JB:
Blimey dave you sound as fit as my dad :open_mouth: ā€¦
False hipsā€¦ bones fused here there and everywhere. Arthritisā€¦ numerous other maladies. :open_mouth: I hope the op goes ok for you.
When you say the nerve heals at 1mm a day? Is that a figure i can expect with mine? I had an op which left a 6" scar and a lot of bruising and ā€œtraumaā€ pushing down on a clump of nerves.

I read on ā€œanother siteā€ of your illness lucy and kinda guessed it was you.
I hope you cope with things ok.

Ive decided to just let nature take its course, i can feel things knitting and getting better slowly but surely (and im a chicken and cant face all those needles :laughing: :wink: )

Thanks for the advice anyway- i hope it helps someone else decide.

I donā€™t have the false hips or fused bones, but if I were a horse, Iā€™d have been shot long ago :laughing: Mind you, my doctor was talking about inserting a camera into my right knee, but thatā€™s another storyā€¦ :laughing:

I was told (by the surgeon) that once the op is done, and the reason for the damage is removed/dealt with, the nerve will heal at 1 mm per day. Just so I donā€™t mislead you, Iā€™d say that advice relates to an abraided ulnaic nerve in the elbow. Itā€™s the thing that people call a ā€œfunny boneā€ so youā€™ll have some idea of what it feels like if you bang yours by accident. In my case, that same feeling came of its own accord, but far worse and without having been injured. :open_mouth:

Just to help you a bit, acupuncture needles are very fine (thin) indeed, and arenā€™t inserted very far. TBH, theyā€™re that sharp that you donā€™t really feel it. Iā€™d say that itā€™s a very mild discomfort/inconvenience in exchange for a great deal of relief.