Driving long distances and eye problems

Anyone suffer from eye floaters when driving long distances and headaches.

Just lately I have noticed sort of black squiggly lines or dots in my vision The doc says they are called floaters and are not serious…anyone else get them ?

Yep. Loads. Just don’t forget and try and steer around them. Tends to startle the bloke in the next lane. :blush:

Me to :cry:

But they go away when I remember to clean me contact lenses :unamused: :smiley:

Lucy:
Yep. Loads. Just don’t forget and try and steer around them. Tends to startle the bloke in the next lane. :blush:

Lucy do they drive you mad ? :imp: I thought i had some weird eye disease . ive been banging in the hours over the last 2 months and they seem to have got worse.

and headaches i get the mother of all headaches…well im a bloke so you know what i mean :unamused: :unamused:

mind you 4 hours sleep 4 nights a week in a fridge might contribute a bit :laughing:

Only if I pay them any attention. That’s probably what’s giving you headaches, the constant adjustment in focus from trying to look at them, then away again, then at them, then away again. If you just kind of look throught hem, it’s fine, and after a while you’ll onlyt notice when a gurt big barsteward floats by.

If you’re unsure, get your eyes tested by an optician. Don’t fret though. I have holes in my brain and the floaters are still benign. :wink:

Oh yeah, and sleep more. That’ll help. 4 hours a night ain’t healthy no matter what Neil tries to convince you, with or without fridge. :unamused:

True, they’re worse when you are tired.
However, they are less noticable when you give up smoking. :exclamation: :exclamation:

yeah i get those too, they sort of move after you move your eye to try and look at 'em!!!

Lucy:
Oh yeah, and sleep more. That’ll help. 4 hours a night ain’t healthy no matter what Neil tries to convince you,

Well it’s worked for 30 years and i have way less health issues than you, only 1 day off sick in the last 20 years as well. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused:

It sounds to me like you need to visit a spectitions, for a set o’ bins.

I got 'em too :slight_smile: They can be distracting when you think about them then start looking at them :unamused: :unamused:

For headaches - dehydration is often the cause. Most of us don’t drink enough water. Often you’ll find that drinking a pint or so of water will make all the difference. Trouble is that you need to stop and cool the tyres down every 20mins :laughing:

gardun:
I got 'em too :slight_smile: They can be distracting when you think about them then start looking at them :unamused: :unamused:

For headaches - dehydration is often the cause. Most of us don’t drink enough water. Often you’ll find that drinking a pint or so of water will make all the difference. Trouble is that you need to stop and cool the tyres down every 20mins :laughing:

I thought of dehydration later on Gardun.

Coffee (or Tea :open_mouth: ) is no good. Neither is coke or alcohol.
They all cause dehydration to some extent.
A pint of water a day, preferably more, could make all the difference.
You can mix fresh fruit juice with it it if you like. Drink enough and that’s some of your 5 a day too. :laughing: :blush: :blush: