laser eye surgery.

has any one had it done,if so what was the out come/after affects.who did it & how much.

had it done yesterday 17/10/07,woke this morning vision alot better going back today for a check up.

Sorry, I missed this when you first posted it.

I haven’t had it done yet but have had the initial consultation and extended eye test. I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with it.

The ‘main man’ at work had it done and all info I have is from him. He really rates it, says it was quick, painless and works!! He had worn glasses from the age of 13 and had the laser surgery done when he was 42; my only ‘concern’ is that I see him wearing his glasses on a really long drive or after a few solid hours at his computer. :confused:

I was hoping to be rid of glasses once and for all. I only need them for computing and small text reading, my eyes passed the minimum standard required for driving without the glasses but I’d much prefer to never have to put them on.

A different person at work has had a ‘lens scrape’ on one eye and laser on the other. He rates the ‘scrape’ as better than the laser but it doesn’t appeal to me!! :open_mouth:

well the main man is right it is quick & painless went back yesterday for check up & my left eye is 20/20 vision & right eye slightly better.but don’t be conned by the ad’s on telly saying £395 per eye as mine was just under £3500 for both eye’s but that was for the top treatment with ultralasikplus & wavefront guided which eliminates the halo’s round headlights for night time driving.by the way i went with ultralase in leeds & they were 100%.

164480:
well the main man is right it is quick & painless went back yesterday for check up & my left eye is 20/20 vision & right eye slightly better.but don’t be conned by the ad’s on telly saying £395 per eye as mine was just under £3500 for both eye’s but that was for the top treatment with ultralasikplus & wavefront guided which eliminates the halo’s round headlights for night time driving.by the way i went with ultralase in leeds & they were 100%.

Smart man,who wants the lowest bidder operating on your eyes :open_mouth:

I was thinking about having it done as I have to wear glasses all the time.Though to be honest I bearly notice the glasses I have now.Flexon frames with Corning’s version of a transition lense.Very light weight,and bendable so haven’t managed to break them. :laughing: