Women drivers who are getting on in their years

Hello everyone, Just back after my Hols.

Im fifty in 4 weeks ,and wondering how much longer I have being a woman in this trade. Need some support ! Feeling low.

Ladybird 48 well 50 really

ladybird48:
Hello everyone, Just back after my Hols.

Im fifty in 4 weeks ,and wondering how much longer I have being a woman in this trade.

I’m thinking that now and i’m 45 !!

Need some support ! Feeling low.

You need a night in the Grafton with me !!! You’ll feel great then !!! Ok, just joking i’m a guy :smiley: But i can pass on the advice i was given which didn’t inspire me to much, and it was…make sure you make a will out and get insurance !!!

You have years ahead of you in the industry. As long as you are healthy and get through the medicals keep motoring on. My oldest member in Lady Truckers Club is 70yrs young and still hauling around the UK. If I had not had a health problem I would still be trucking, earning a crust, so dont give up just yet you are just a young chick.

Thanks for the advise Danneke,

It’s just some day’s I feel really fed up. which i shouldn,t do because I only do 4 days a week. Cant see me doing any other job though.

The problems I do get now which I didn’t when I was younger is the lack of Toilets!!! I need to go more often now.
why dont manufactures make our spare passenger seat into a commode.?
Ps I used to be in the Lady truckers Club

ladybird48:
Ps I used to be in the Lady truckers Club

You used to be :question: :question: :open_mouth:

Shame on you, rejoin, instantly, or we’ll set Danneke on you :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

Ladybird, my old waggon had a small portaloo fitted in my cab, was a lot better than my old tupperware box hehehe, it is possible if you find a small loo and a good mechanic. As Simon said, come back to us in LTC,give me a call, details in our website. We have some good get togethers at the shows, camping on our LTC stand and enjoying ourselves as always.
Danneke