Race For Life - Cancer Research UK Fund Raising

My wife is taking part in one of the numerous events (sponsored run) for Cancer Research UK, a worthwhile cause, I’m sure you’ll agree.

These events are been organised across the country during the summer and chances are you’ll already know someone who is taking part.

If by chance you don’t know of anyone, but would like to sponsor someone anyway, please feel free to use my wife’s fundraising page which can be found here.

I personally know of 3 people who have been taken from this life by cancer and another 2 who have survived after treatment. I’d like to think that via more research these figures can be improved.

Thanks for your time.

Martin & Brankica.

Brankica is running in memory of Pauline Cooper, Marjorie Thompson & Ronnie Dudley.

On behalf of Brankica (my wife), thankyou to Rikki for sponsoring her, the first of ‘many’ TrucknetUK members (she hopes!! :wink: ).

A few people have asked what the comments on her sponsor site are referring to so here by way of an explanation is an email I sent the majority of people in my address book.

Marcustandy via email:
Dear All,

Sorry to be pestering you but Brankica is going to hold my dinner to ransom if I don’t mention this to you all!!

Last year Brankica organised a Crocus Walk event which raised money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. This year she is partaking in one of the Race For Life events to raise funds for Cancer Research UK and has asked me to mention this to a few more people than she has got in her address book. You can find the details here.

If you have already been contacted about this event or have already sponsored someone, sorry for bothering you. If you would like to assist me in ensuring that I still get fed at home (and, of course, raise some more funds for research into cancer!) then please follow the link to Brankica’s web page where you can sponsor her online.

Many thanks in anticipation of all your generosity!

Martin & Brankica

So far, she has kept feeding me because the sponsors/donations are still coming in!! I hope it stays that way!! :confused:

Oh yeah, I guess that this is also a bit of a ‘bump’ :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Sponsorship still trickling in . . . . . so I’m still getting fed!! :wink:

Oh yeah, and a bit of a ‘bump’ :blush: :blush:

Training is going well - I’m even wondering if my wife is starting to get ideas of actually winning the race!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well, she did it!!

Having suffered with a chest infection for a few weeks, Brankica could only complete the the event by walking it, without coughing & spluttering her way through it!!!

She says a big ‘thankyou’ to those who have donated or sponsored her and is now busy collecting the money. I’ll post back with the total collected soon.