Angina

Not sure if anyone can help or not but just been to the doctors and he said that I have possibly angina, now got to go for tests.

My question is, will I have my hgv license taken off me and do the doctors notify dvla or is it left to me.

Very worried as driving is my livelihood.

Hi elsa lad, sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with angina (possibly) but dont worry too much because it can be treated and it’s highly unlikely you will lose your driving licence.

gov.uk/angina-and-driving

nidirect.gov.uk/articles/gu … conditions

jakethesnake:
Hi elsa lad, sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with angina (possibly) but dont worry too much because it can be treated and it’s highly unlikely you will lose your driving licence.

gov.uk/angina-and-driving

nidirect.gov.uk/articles/gu … conditions

Thanks for your help jakethesnake was panicking

my uncle got convicted and sent to prison for 6 months for assaulting the family doctor that examined my auntie because he told her that she had a nice fanny.

it was only after talking to him during visiting hours that we discovered that what he told her was,she had acute angina… :unamused:

Diesel Dog beat me to it. If you have angina life will most likely go on as normal. I had a friend who had this ,his doctor gave him pills that he would put under his tongue until they dissolved. It was no big deal really.

that about it entirely.
apart from that your quack will tell you to take a pill,dont drink,dont smoke,eat healthy,take more exercise dont succumb to stress.
basically stop doing everything associated with normal truckie work.
just be more alert to what you think might make you take a wabbler and keep on top of it.

pass me that organic nut cutlet,and free range lettuce anyone?

Thanks for the replies, better knock the kebab’s on the head.

I remember years ago they took my Dad’s HGV licence off him, or suspended it at least, after an angina attack (sorry, maybe not what you want to hear)
He was treated for it and had to go to hospital for tests including a long slog on a treadmill, he passed it and got his licence back soon after.

If you have Angina for the first or second time, get it checked out with A&E with a blood test followed by a second blood test and an ECG, just to make sure you’re not having minor infarctions.