Concerned about medical for HGV licence renewal

cannonball74:

Socketset:
Silly really, you’re probably far safer with your condition under medical control via your Doc than a load of other people who a, don’t bother b, get stuff from God knows where on the interweb or hose down booze.

My wife was on these for two years and she regarded them as a real help.

People who suffer from depression tend to carry a deep feeling of melancholy around with them if it’s mild to moderate, hardly a danger to society.

And they just need a leg up for a while which is what the op’s drug is for.

Taking away someones lively hood and sense of worth unneccessarily would do far more damage.

the dvla are currently waiting on response from my dr regarding my taking of mirtazapine. I have been taking them for a few yrs and have had never had any side effects and have driven hgvs for over 20yrs with zero acccidents and foolishly let the doc at my recent medical that i took 'em. Consequently i now find myself in a position where i cannot work and debts are spirralling out of control and if this matter is not resolved soon will be facing homelessness. I wish i woulda kept my mouth shut - honesty is not the best policy. The stress i am under now - not knowing if i will lose my licence or not will cause depression and ruin me. Keep it shut folks

I suffered from depression through secondary school but have since been able to keep on top of it, although it was on my medical record i didn’t even bring it up in my medical and all was fine. Tell the DVLA as little as possible and only let on if you really need to, at the end of the day you know your health better than anyone else. A driving licence to most people is just a driving licence i think the DVLA fail to realise sometimes that it’s the only thing keeping our heads above water.

Keep your chin up and hope for the best mate, I’m sure the doctor will clearly be able to see that you’re fit to drive and tell the DVLA to stop being awkward pricks.