Hearing

I’ve been troubled with my hearing for years, probably since I was in high school. It’s gotten steadily worse over the years to the extent I only pick up snippets of what’s being said on tv and need the subtitles and I am constantly having to ask people to repeat themselves as I haven’t heard what was said. ITs not as bad as that last sentence sounded as I can still hear not too bad, just not all that great if that makes sense
I went for a hearing test last week (after 3 months of waiting) and it turns out I have hearing loss in both ears and she recommended a hearing aid. Not exactly what you want to hear (pardon the pun!) when you’re only 40 but hey ho, if it helps then so be it.
My question is, do I need to inform the DVLA? I personally don’t think so as I genuinely don’t believe my hearing is anywhere near bad enough to be classed as an impairment for driving but I don’t want to come unstuck if there’s an RTC for example, and questions are asked when its discovered I have a hearing aid and didn’t disclose it.
Thanks

I’m reasonably certain that hearing loss is not an issue for driving for normal hearing loss at least for car drivers.

Plenty of people drive wearing hearing aids as a daily occurrance.

Even completely deaf people can hold licences to drive with certain aids.

So I can’t see normal hearing loss being an issue.

For bus and truck drivers it seems you do have to inform DVLA of deafness via this form link below although specifically I would have thought that is more for deaf people who can’t hear at all.

But a phone call may be the way to go to get a correct answer.

gov.uk/government/publicati … nformation

Cheers mate. Yeah, I think the form is for deafness but calling them would probably be the best bet though

Totally deaf in 1 ear have been all my life did inform DVLA when applied for licence ( Bike ) not an issue then or when applied for HGV

I don’t have hearing aid as no good to me

Just be careful with your balance if you don’t have them in or switched on as it may effect that