Toxic Shock and Sepsis

newmercman:
To put it in trucking terms, I think the NHS is like a warranty, you have an electrical problem and the warranty fix is to chop into the harness and repair it, as soon as warranty is up the same problem requires a complete new harness.

however we’re talking about something far more valuable than money when it comes to the health of a loved one,

It seems to me more like a case of an unlimited repair budget for some based on numerous random and arbitrary qualifying criterea.Being seen as too old probably counting as one of the worst ticks in the worst of the wrong boxes. :open_mouth: :frowning:

On that note this is the NHS’ own guidelines for this type of illness.However it seems to be a lottery as to who that applies to and when obviously under the caveat of you ‘may’ ‘require’ ( get ) admission to an ICU if it’s a severe case which this certainly was with the damage to my mum’s heart etc to prove it.

nhs.uk/conditions/sepsis/treatment/

Meanwhile in the real world.

theguardian.com/society/2018 … -hospitals

Then they’ve got the nerve to say that the all too predictable damage to the vital organs caused by not getting that counts against the victim in the decision to then withdraw further treatment and send them home to die.

In addition to the even worse lottery regarding the standards of treatment of the causes like leg ulcers etc in which they seem to think that silver coated dressings beats Iodine.Tell that to any wounded serviceman.

From what I’ve seen this has just confirmed what I thought in that the NHS is unfit for purpose crippled by under resourcing and resulting rationing laughably hidden under the euphamism of ‘triage’ being there first and foremost to cut the health care component of employers’ wage bills with the working class being taken for mugs in believing that the thing is good for them.Especially if going by the correct idea that people are far more important than money.