Local football

Recently I have been left with the kids on saturdays while my wife goes and earns the pennies, at first both of my kids looked at this with raised eyebrows and crys of “please don’t leave us with HIM mummy”. Now it’s a bit different, they know they will get fed and watered on demand, “just like mum does”, they get to watch the same telly progs “that mum lets us watch” and they’ve been taken to some local football!

At first they both looked at me as if I had lost my mind ( how little they know ) but now we are regulars at all the home games at Diss Town FC, They play in The Ridgeons Premier League. The kids have scarves, wooly hats, we have gotten to know a few of the other regulars at the ground, in fact Diss Town regularly attract in excess of 150 people at home games. Pretty good I think. Their manager is a draw for the local kids, Ex Norwich City, Chelsea & Scotland International Robert Fleck.

The football itself is pretty good too and greater entertainment on a saturday afternoon that any premiership game I’ve ever seen. We get a seat every week by just turning up, there is no massive que for the toilets ( Ladies or Gents ). The food is edible and fairly cheap but best of all my kids and I have a couple of hours shouting for the same thing, laughing and smiling at the same jokes/chants/mishaps/referees etc etc.

Remarkable really when you consider my son has just become a teenager and my daughter a tempremental nine year old.

Trevor

(Moderators, when you see this can you put it in the family room for me, I’ve posted it on the wrong forum :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: )

Robert Fleck…I remember when he played for Rangers…blonde hair and a ■■■■■. Think it must have been Graeme Souness that signed him… from Norwich?, then sold him to Chelsea. Don’t remember him playing for Scotland though.

Robert Fleck is Scottish, I think he came to Norwich City from Rangers and then to Chelsea. I’m probably wrong about internationals but I was sure he had made a couple of appearances while he was with Chelsea

Just Found This ex-canaries.co.uk/players/fleck.htm You were right, under 21 only

Sundowner:
(Moderators, when you see this can you put it in the family room for me, I’ve posted it on the wrong forum :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: )

done… :laughing: :wink: :laughing:

Well done Trev spending time with your kids at local football :slight_smile:

well done trevor! i spent a full day with the kids once, it made me want to drive to russia! :laughing:

My wife works every Saturday and today she started working on Sundays so i have the kids every weekend for about 6 hours a day and they LOVE being with me for the day, we do various things like ummm go to the pub, and have a pint and emmm i take them to the pub.

I also go shopping and make tea for my missus in fact right now the chicken is in the oven the veg is peeled and in the pans, when she comes in there will be a large Baileys on ice for her on entry.

We got a breadmaker for xmas from the outlaws as they know i love being in the kitchen so it will be fresh bread and sunday lunch on the table when she gets in.

Ladies am i doing the right thing here is she spoilt?.

jammymutt:
I also go shopping and make tea for my missus in fact right now the chicken is in the oven the veg is peeled and in the pans, when she comes in there will be a large Baileys on ice for her on entry.

Entry to what? :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

jammymutt:
Ladies am i doing the right thing here is she spoilt?.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just a query but how often do you clean the loo?

I AIM to clean the loo daily i have my own cleaning thing.

:slight_smile::):):).

There is NO question of entry the only entry would be in to the house any other kind of entry is taboo…

jammymutt:

Well I’m even luckier than your wife - Dabes cleans the loo, the seat, the wall and the floor :frowning:

mrs5l:

jammymutt:

Well I’m even luckier than your wife - Dabes cleans the loo, the seat, the wall and the floor :frowning:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

repton and I are ROFLAO and commenting on Helen’s remarkable sence of humour (Well I have met her husband! :wink: ).

You met him? i had to share a room with him !!! when i found out he has a thing about sleep walking and firemen!!!.

No Seriously leave Dabes alone he is a top bloke…

Mal:
well done trevor! i spent a full day with the kids once, it made me want to drive to russia! :laughing:

:laughing: