Galbladder removal by keyhole

Morning all

Has anyone on here had their galbladder out by keyhole surgery. And if so, how long were you off work for?

I’ve been told by the hospital I can drive the car after 2 weeks, but need to wait 6 to drive the truck

Yes it took them a time to diagnose the problem after a severe attack of pancreatitis.Which it eventually turned out gall stones seemed to have been the cause of after a load more bouts of severe sickness and severe although relatively less pain.

It’s only a day surgery op but I found it painful for a time after and you couldn’t realistically work with that amount of pain.It was that bad they re scanned it but found no problem and the pain gradually wore off.

But whatever you do get it done fast because at worse the damage caused by pancreatitis resulting from gall stones can often be fatal with the doctors telling me that it I was actually on a knife edge for a while in that regard before they could stabilise it.Not to mention causing pain like you wouldn’t believe.Or at best eventually cause type 2/3 diabetes in the longer term which it seems to have recently done in my case.

My daughter had hers removed a couple of months ago. In & out of hospital the same day, off work for 2 weeks.
(She drives a desk so not quite the same).

Thank you for the replies.

I just hope if I can drive a car after two weeks, I can drive the truck. I only do fridge work so I don’t do anything too strenuous.

I like my time off work but six weeks is a bit extreme

2 days after that op (about 2 years ago aged 58) I was driving my car with no issues and that was having to stay in overnight as I had a drain due to ‘complications’

I was supposed to have mine removed my keyhole surgery. A student surgeon was doing the operation and he cut one of my main arteries so they had to cut me open. Was off work for about 6-10 weeks for the tissue to knit together. But that was 20 years ago :smiley: