Me and my dad having a top laugh

Is it just me and this song or does anyone els ewho is a Father have a little tear thinking about their kids when it plays?.

had to think their what song you meant :confused:

you mean the song JCB right?

when i first heard it i thought it was a bit strange but it grows on you!

:question: :question: what song is that :question:

Have you seen the video that goes with it.

I just wish i could take my kids with me,Like i used to go with my dad.

Tony b

JCB Song does get a bit of a lump in the throat (I guess because i’ve got kids) and should’ve been number 1 instead of that X Factor criminal. JCB was number 2. :cry:

Yeh sorry i should have mentioned the name of the song its the JCB song the video is here jcbsong.co.uk

jammymutt:
Yeh sorry i should have mentioned the name of the song its the JCB song the video is here jcbsong.co.uk

“Service Unavailable”

:cry: :cry: :cry:

try again maybe the server is down due to demand it was number 2 for Christmas really it should have been number one but to be honest i hacvent heard of the other one that was number one.

Haha,

What a fantastic song !!!

Reminds me of when my dad used to take me with him in his wagon ( ok, so i know its not a jcb !! ) Portwood furniture, just outside of Stockport. Longggggg time ago !!! :laughing:

THANKS THAT IS VERY GOOD;

me and my dad having a top laugh…

day that happens i know something is wrong.

He,s only 8 he hasnt learnt the art of Dad thumping yet he was on th ephone to me the other night crying he missed me it had me in tears on a night out.

It is hard, isn’t it? There are times when I really wonder about the tramping, and whether I should be knocking it on the head. Then again, if it wasn’t for the extra money it brings in (bearing in mind that by self-catering I am well in profit on the nights out, plus the extra work running away) I wouldn’t be able to provide for my kids without being up to my eyes in debt and that, in turn, would remove their security.

I was once treated by a nurse who’s father had been away for weeks at a time on continental work. We got talking about the whole tramping thing and I asked her how she felt about it both at the time and with hindsight. She said that she doesn’t remember him being away, just how good the times were when he was back. If anything, she reckons she’s stronger as an adult because her mum also worked part-time so she learnt not to be too reliant on her parents as she grew up.

If I’m still at home or come home during the week, I feel like a spare part - I talk to my kids every night on the phone and we have our little rituals to help keep them secure. It unsettles them just as much when the pattern changes the other way - it’s just what they get used to.

So long as you can look yourself in the eye and know that you are doing your best for your kids in the best way that you know how, you have nothing to worry about. There’s no point in being home and miserable because you’re knackered from long hours or hate the job you are staying in in order to be there. Far better a happy parent for three nights a week than a miserable crabby one for seven. That sort of tension seeps out and can turn a whole family atmosphere sour - which ultimately is really hard on the kids. Been there, done that.

Only you know why you are tramping, and what made you decide that was the right decision in the first place…But so long as those reasons are still valid, things will settle down and be fine. Give it a month or two and they’ll be shoving you out of the door come Sunday/Monday - I know mine do!

Good luck mate, and you know where I am if you need to offload when it get’s a bit much one night. I’m assuming you still have my number - PM me if not. Just don’t sit and suffer alone, it’ll only magnify those adjustment feelings out of all proportion - there are people out there who understand and are only too happy to listen, in confidence.

I agree with you on that Lucy, I think Becky is a happy little firl, knowing that she has her dad coming home on a Friday night. I know when Steve does come home she gives him the biggest smile cos she hasn’t seen him all week, and I think she’d much rather have a daddy who is happy in his work than someone who he going out to work in a morning, and hates his job and is somewhere he wishes he wasn’t.