Lady Lorry Drivers

HI all,in these days of equality what is the general feeling about Lady lorry drivers,[I dislike the term trucker],old school I suppose.Anyway my Granddaughter has just started driving Class 1 using MANs with 40ft curtain siders,she also has a coach licence.when she first started her job she encountered some hostility from the other drivers but carried on and has now been accepted.She is the only Woman among a couple of hundred drivers,but has held her own,i am so proud of her. :smiley:

Where ever I have been I have been the only female lorry driver ( lorry = English truck = American pick up that you can put on your drive type )

Never really had any problems but I do just get on with my job & don’t expect any different or special treatment Driver 1st female 2nd simple as that

animal:
Where ever I have been I have been the only female lorry driver ( lorry = English truck = American pick up that you can put on your drive type )

Never really had any problems but I do just get on with my job & don’t expect any different or special treatment Driver 1st female 2nd simple as that

Good for you Ang, You are a guddn, Regards Larry.

They reckon you can be a lady truck driver and retain your feminity. Personally I think that a load of bollox.

SuperMultiBlue:

^^^^^^^
More crap removed here too

I have worked with and alongside several ladies in various male dominated trades over the years . I treat them the same as anybody that I work with. I treat them with respect and am supportive and helpful until the give me reason not to be .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I’ve worked with a couple of Women before.

Myself & my fellow Male colleagues treated them with respect, but they gave as good as they got.

It just shows the progress that civilisation has made…not!.If we were a nation of gender equality, this thread wouldnt exist.

I love seeing female Drivers, just like I see female chefs in my current (soon to be former) career, it balances the workplace out. I respect any woman who makes it in a male dominated environment, its the only way for future progress. Good on her!!!

2 female artic drivers at our place…both excellent drivers and treated no different to anyone else.

carryfast-yeti:
2 female artic drivers at our place…both excellent drivers and treated no different to anyone else.

You’re not working at Reed Bordall by any chance are you? Lol :smiley:

Jasesonix:

carryfast-yeti:

no mate! :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:

Jasesonix:

carryfast-yeti:

Shame, that’s where I’ve got an assessment drive on Sunday. And hopefully a job after.

Jasesonix:

carryfast-yeti:

Jasesonix:

carryfast-yeti:

Shame, that’s where I’ve got an assessment drive on Sunday. And hopefully a job after.

Good Luck on Sunday! let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Good Luck on Sunday! let us know how you get on :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Thanks, will do