Did you take time off for the Australian or Japanese flu?

Apparently you can get get one, get over it then get the other.
Its a nasty virus, it gets deep down on the chest and make you bedridden.
Average time to fully recover is three to four weeks.
The peak is two weeks.

toby1234abc:
Apparently you can get get one, get over it then get the other.
Its a nasty virus, it gets deep down on the chest and make you bedridden.
Average time to fully recover is three to four weeks.
The peak is two weeks.

Dunno had something around Christmas hit me for six had 3 days off with me 2 day rest days makin 5 in bed then struggled with it for a few weeks then wham about 10 days ago just full of snot and head aches it’s just clearing off the chest now.
Hopefully that’s it for this year .

Aye. I had the ■■■■■■ too. Started coughing 28 Dec and bedridden for a week. 3 days late going back to work and still sniffling slightly now grrrr.

Had the Aussie flu, apparently we were a hotspot in East Yorkshire. Must have been bad, I had to take a night off work. Usually with flu I dose myself up with Day Nurse and happy days. Not with this Aussie Flu though.

It is like being hit by a freight train, with any of these two types, nobody would be safe to drive .There is only so much day time tv ,you can watch .

I had man flu which is the worst type of flu.

Harry Monk:
I had man flu which is the worst type of flu.

Absolutely! Only slightly eased by lying on the couch with a quilt round ya and watching telly whilst drinking (insert alcholic disinfectant of choice) with some chocolate to try to keep the energy levels just above death…it’s a killer!

I copped a dose of it too. It was amazing how fast it hit. I went to bed feeling more tired than normal and woke up the next morning barely able to cope with getting in and out the cab. It peaked a couple of days later and erased my weekend. :unamused: Then the snot fest started and that’s finally starting to subside now.

No I got lucky on the cold and flu front this winter.

Not so lucky on the dentist front though as they told me earlier that I need two wisdom teeth out :frowning:

Not sure which one I had, but I was felled by it on Xmas Eve. No particularly bad symptoms other than feeling totally whacked and shivering/sweating when I went to bed about 8pm. Stayed in bed for most of the week. Took a couple more weeks before I started to feel “normal” (whatever that is).

Our TM (young bloke - about 30) was hospitalised by it and is still off work over a month later…

toonsy:
Not so lucky on the dentist front though as they told me earlier that I need two wisdom teeth out :frowning:

■■■■■ to be you. :wink:

had it last October - the big mistake id made was not blowing my nose and clearing my head of the bug . i never gave it any thought just hoped itd go . the virus hence had nowhere to go and attacked my brain , id got a "migraineous aura " and had overnight stay in hosp after collapsing on street . Soon as i got out of the hosp i unblocked my sinuses ,let the air get in and after a few more days i was ok

I’ve noticed increasingly over recent years that there doesn’t seem to be anything like a light cold anymore.It usually seems to be the same thing of an agonising sore throat followed by silly amounts of zb produced by the body in defence and reaction which always ends up with equally silly amounts of clogging of the lungs.To the point where it seems like the cold and flu viruses maybe among others have combined with each other.Probably as expected with medical science having given up trying to find a way to really defeat and wipe them out.Also have to wonder if there hasn’t been some human manipulation going on among the bio weapons tech nutters which has managed to get out.

Also notice the difference in the US routine treatment regime.Starting with a throat swab and identification of exactly what they are dealing with and then treatment with either anti virals or anti biotics if possible.While here all we get is whingeing about anti biotics don’t treat viruses,yes we bleedin knew that,but no word let alone offer of anti viral treatments at an early stage.

Instead of which the NHS prefers to put people off and wait until it gets so bad that they end up in A and E and possibly intensive care with pneumonia.Among other complications like it all turning into meningitis or scepticeamia etc etc. :unamused:

Harry Monk:

toonsy:

■■■■■ to be you. :wink:

Yeah I know. I’ve told them to fill my mouth with pricks. I meant injections…

corij:
had it last October - the big mistake id made was not blowing my nose and clearing my head of the bug . i never gave it any thought just hoped itd go . the virus hence had nowhere to go and attacked my brain , id got a "migraineous aura " and had overnight stay in hosp after collapsing on street . Soon as i got out of the hosp i unblocked my sinuses ,let the air get in and after a few more days i was ok

You sure you aint Uktramp ■■? :slight_smile:

[/quote]
It could have been a lot worse…
The dentist might have said you needed some wisdom teeth put in :laughing: :laughing:

axletramp:

It could have been a lot worse…
The dentist might have said you needed some wisdom teeth put in :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
Tbd I think they could tell that I didn’t really want to be there :laughing:

I got it at the beginning of December,but killed it swiftly with beer and curry.
Germs won’t live on me.

I started to come down with it on the 14th Dec but struggled through until the 21st when I finished for Christmas and then spent a couple of days in bed. Perked up a little over Christmas day and boxing day, took bad again on the 27th and was bed bound until the 29th when the nora virus set in for 3 days. I’ve never been so ill in my life (except for when I had cancer).
I returned to work on the 6th Jan and I’ve still got the snuffles now 7 weeks later. Worst flu I’ve ever had and I don’t want it again.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Carryfast:
I’ve noticed increasingly over recent years that there doesn’t seem to be anything like a light cold anymore.It usually seems to be the same thing of an agonising sore throat followed by silly amounts of zb produced by the body in defence and reaction which always ends up with equally silly amounts of clogging of the lungs.To the point where it seems like the cold and flu viruses maybe among others have combined with each other.Probably as expected with medical science having given up trying to find a way to really defeat and wipe them out.Also have to wonder if there hasn’t been some human manipulation going on among the bio weapons tech nutters which has managed to get out.

Also notice the difference in the US routine treatment regime.Starting with a throat swab and identification of exactly what they are dealing with and then treatment with either anti virals or anti biotics if possible.While here all we get is whingeing about anti biotics don’t treat viruses,yes we bleedin knew that,but no word let alone offer of anti viral treatments at an early stage.

Instead of which the NHS prefers to put people off and wait until it gets so bad that they end up in A and E and possibly intensive care with pneumonia.Among other complications like it all turning into meningitis or scepticeamia etc etc. :unamused:

Very rarely suffer from colds or flu, vit C, zinc 50mg plus multivits daily seem to keep most things away but also from the pharmacy ill keep antiviral drugs Tamiflu and Relenza in the meds tub with me too. Have always found at the slightest sign of a cold these taken for just a couple of days will immedistely clear it up.

EDIT- im not in anyway advocating anyone goes out and buys anti virals as they may not agree with them or may interact with other medication, its just that works for me…