Did you take time off for the Australian or Japanese flu?

rab6600:
Ive had loads of colds and the odd bout of flu in the past but this one has completely dropped me. Over the worst of it (I hope) but the bit that’s doing my head in at the minute is my ribs and abdomen are killing me. Apparently its caused by all the coughing, it damages the intercostal muscles between the ribs. Fells like somebody digging a screwdriver in ever time I cough, sneeze or even just move a bit too fast. Getting in and out of the cab is a nightmare and I hate taking time off. I’ll be glad with it finally buggers off!!

Further to the above post last week… I finally had to give in a contact the Doctor for an appointment… No that I got one mind unless I wanted to wait 3 weeks! they sent me to the Urgent Care Centre (which I found out when I got there is a private clinic run by Virgin and paid for by the NHS) I was told there that because I hadn’t been coughing properly due to the pain it caused in my ribs, I now had Pneumonia… and after an Xray they found the pain in the ribs wasn’t from damaged muscles, its a stress fracture! Who’d have thought all this grief from a cold eh… Now been told I could be off another 2 weeks… oh deep joy!

You can bet your arse though i’ll be at the front of the line for the flu jabs next time. Not planning on ever going through this again.