Appeal against my license

Has any one had a successful appeal against their license issue.
im considering doing exactly that because i received my new license today after waiting ages because DVLA wanted me to have a field vision test which i got 123 lights seen out of 124, and the new license is for only 1 year due to, in there words a medical condition, a condition that im not aware off.

heliguy10:
Has any one had a successful appeal against their license issue.
im considering doing exactly that because i received my new license today after waiting ages because DVLA wanted me to have a field vision test which i got 123 lights seen out of 124, and the new license is for only 1 year due to, in there words a medical condition, a condition that im not aware off.

What that usually means is that until the D4 medical is due you will be told to go for a FREE VF test every year

What happens with mine is this -
Supposed to have FREE VF test every 3 years
Did D4 medical with VF test in 2003 at age 45
Had FREE VF test in 2006 - licence came back with LGV expiry in 2009
Did D4 and VF in 2009 but licence got issued late (got letter allowing me to keep driving LGVs) - licence had LGV expiry 2013
A few months before Licence ran out had to change photo and got it back with 2018 expiry
D4 in 2009 with next D4 due 2018 and no VF check from 2009 to 2018

if thats gonna be the format each year seems a lot of faffing about, intend to contact DVLA on tuesday to get an explanation, but, is it worth an appeal at the magistrates