Can't sleep / causes

Any one had this , I just can’t sleep , so much seems to be going through my mind , just can’t switch off , Mrs said stress but I’m not convinced , it’s just at night , end up getting up and making cups of tea or watching telly at home , in truck I’ll go for walk , back and try and sleep, even when I do go , hour /two I’m back awake .
was told yes ago I was suffering from depression , but I can’t remember this
Can’t get to see a doc for week and a half so wondered if anyone has a idea , normally ignore things but starting to really getting tired , been like it for a long while ,ta

Cut out the energy drinks,coffees, rolling tobacco and ■■■■.
Get Kalms natural herbal remedy from Boots. made of dried lettuce leaves and Valerium .
Check for GORD gastric oesphagul reflux disease which wakes me up choking in a deep sleep and stops me breathing.
Check for Lipidaemia or high cholesterol .
Avoid alcohol .

It could be stress. I have had issues across the last 18 months.

Never had it before and always been a bit doubtful when people spoke about it. Is strange as now I can look back and see myself going downhill but couldn’t at the time. Girlfriend forced me to go drs to get sorted. Took a long time.

My issue was work and getting away from the situation helped. You need to try and work out what’s bothering you to deal with the root cause.

The advice above is good, especially alcohol and caffeine. Walks are good both as exercise and getting out for change of scene and fresh air. Be careful about walks before bed as the exercise can raise your heart rate and endorphins that make it hard to switch off

I’m the same and have been for quite a while now,really struggle to get a decent nights sleep even though I feel dog tired seemingly permanently at the minute but when it comes to getting actual sleep it’s a struggle to just get to sleep.

Mines I guess pretty much down to my own situation,wife terminally ill with cancer we have a young boy aged 9 and most of the time I spent wondering how the ■■■■ I’m gonna cope with everything when the time comes and it’s just me & my son.
In the day I can keep myself busy and put it all too the back of my mind but come bed time when the lights go out and all you’re doing is lying there thinking that’s when the worries & stress come to the fore front of my mind hence why I struggle to sleep.

Is there anything in particular you can pin point it too that’s keeping you from sleeping,maybe it’s something you can address without the doctors help if not then it may be that it is depression or something similar that you may need medical intervention to over come in the short term.

dozy:
Any one had this , I just can’t sleep , so much seems to be going through my mind , just can’t switch off , Mrs said stress but I’m not convinced , it’s just at night , end up getting up and making cups of tea or watching telly at home , in truck I’ll go for walk , back and try and sleep, even when I do go , hour /two I’m back awake .
was told yes ago I was suffering from depression , but I can’t remember this
Can’t get to see a doc for week and a half so wondered if anyone has a idea , normally ignore things but starting to really getting tired , been like it for a long while ,ta

if you cant remember the doc tellig you that you were suffering from depression,then mabey your actually suffering from alzheimers■■?
and if its depression,then how depressed can you be after reading these posts of pure unadulterated pish ?..( memo to self)…check and see who the o/p is before reading posts…
and if you cant be bothered waiting for a docs appointment,then 14 cans of special brew should do the trick. :unamused: