Anxiety-sertraline-dvla

Hi all I started to get treated for anxiety in February this year and I’m now on sertraline (100mg) and being the honest person I am I recently phoned the dvla to enquire if I need to declare this or not. And what started as a simple enquiry has now ended up with them in the process of sending me a form out to fill in and if they can make a decision from that they will, or they may need to contact my gp. So as you can imagine I am extremely worried at this point in time. I’m hoping somebody has been in a similar situation and can maybe shed some light or hopefully had a positive outcome? Many thanks in advance… :frowning:

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

I assume they will look at why you’ve been prescribed an anti anxiety drug, if you’re suicidal or extremely depressed then they would pull the pin on your licence, but if it’s “just” for coping better during troubled times you’ll be fine.

Thanks very much for the reply. It’s not for depression or suicedel thoughts. So fingers crossed.

Yeah, it would be a bit of a kick in the nuts if they put you off the road, as that’s not going to help with anxiety or depression much!

I just looked at the medical form I had to send in last week, I had a random medical request, it has a box for prescription medications and among many others, another for depression, but it also has boxes to tick for the factors causing the depression and a section for the doctor to write a brief note explaining the circumstances. There’s also yes/no boxes for the doctor to put a tick in as to whether you’re fit/unfit to drive. Although I’m in Canada so it may be different over there, I doubt it, but you know how it is.

My advice .get off sertraline and fast .if you stay on that stuff more than a few weeks your in trouble .
Coming off that ■■■■ will make you more ill than taking it.Doctors should not give it out so easily.
Prepare for more downs than uponce your body gets used to it .
Please get off it asap.

Just to add .its more for depression than anxiety
You need pro pranol at a low dose…Not friggin sertraline .

Thankyou for the replies all appreciated.

Cov:
My advice .get off sertraline and fast .if you stay on that stuff more than a few weeks your in trouble .
Coming off that [zb] will make you more ill than taking it.Doctors should not give it out so easily.
Please get off it asap.

THIS

Muffy1982:

Cov:
Coming off that [zb] will make you more ill than taking it.Doctors should not give it out so easily.
Please get off it asap.

THIS

+1
then read the replies in the post that should be merged to this one by now.