TRUCK- Long Distance Diaries VOL 2

Just in time for Xmas :wink: :wink: :grimacing:
The first issue of Truck- the best of long distance diaries proved so popular we have bought out a 2nd volume, with even more of the diaries of trips to far flung places. On sale in Newsagents today, to find your local stockist click here

Just read it! So glad you’re producing these books. The LDD was one of my favourite genres in the old mags. Robert

Can one buy it online and have it posted outside of the UK?

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

I once talked to a driver and he reckoned he had driven some wierd type of oil all the way across Europe into Russia and delivered it to a power station in China a couple of months later. I always thought what an adventure that would be.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

mikemccord72:
I once talked to a driver and he reckoned he had driven some wierd type of oil all the way across Europe into Russia and delivered it to a power station in China a couple of months later. I always thought what an adventure that would be.

Technically, you weren’t allowed into China. You had to tranship onto Chinese trucks at the border; but there are tales on here about precious cargos like computer equipment being allowed over the border under ■■■■■■. I think it might have been a bit of a grey area to be honest. Didn’t Ralph Davies do a cross-border run? Robert

I tend to take tales from drivers with a pinch of salt but he seemed fairly convincing

I know or am in contact with a lot of lads who did the stuff legends are made of, not one has ever mentioned they know any one who has crossed the border - bear in mind that those running ultra long distance were /are a small crowd and your name gets known quite quick, for someone to have got much further than Almaty I think the boys would have known. Once you get past Almaty it is a militarised zone and the locals aren’t welcome so what do you think the chances of a westerner getting a pass?

However it is known that trailers did go, UK drivers dropping them in Almaty for local hauliers to take to the border and then another swap to a Chinese haulier, but a driver from UK running into China? via Russia… not likely

jsutherland:
Can one buy it online and have it posted outside of the UK?

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

It will be at some point, however if you want I can get a copy personally and post it to you if your in a hurry ( price would be the cover price plus postage)

Rip Mr noel minchue may your God go with you. Some pilot

Im wanting a copy of the first edition if anyone can help me…money waiting.

Is the 1997 story the one by Robert Hackford (to hell and Baku).

Hamishc1:
Is the 1997 story the one by Robert Hackford (to hell and Baku).

Yes, Hamish it is. It features a certain young NZ driver called Hamish too :wink: ! Robert

cheers Robert that drivers not so young now like the origonal magizine thats getting a bit tatty so heres hoping the get something sorted so we can purchase a coppy by mail order.

For some strange reason, I have only just noticed this post. I used to love reading LDD.
Is vol 1 still available? The nearest stockist to me for vol 2 is 20 bloody miles away. Can anyone help?

Just bought my copy yesterday.

I’m wondering if ultra long distance is still going on or do things just tend to go on ships now? and truckers only serve the EU??

Rikki-UK:
I know or am in contact with a lot of lads who did the stuff legends are made of, not one has ever mentioned they know any one who has crossed the border - bear in mind that those running ultra long distance were /are a small crowd and your name gets known quite quick, for someone to have got much further than Almaty I think the boys would have known. Once you get past Almaty it is a militarised zone and the locals aren’t welcome so what do you think the chances of a westerner getting a pass?

However it is known that trailers did go, UK drivers dropping them in Almaty for local hauliers to take to the border and then another swap to a Chinese haulier, but a driver from UK running into China? via Russia… not likely

In 93 i went a considerable distance past Al-maty towards the Chinese border. With exhebition goods for China.
It was not then a military road only. The pre border checks only allowed me to get within 30km where i was turned around and sent back to Al-maty. British Gas has big office and Khazak staff but with no Chinese driving lisence it was just not possible to do. Not for me to do anyway.

In 93 i went a considerable distance past Al-maty towards the Chinese border. With exhebition goods for China.
It was not then a military road only. The pre border checks only allowed me to get within 30km where i was turned around and sent back to Al-maty. British Gas has big office and Khazak staff but with no Chinese driving lisence it was just not possible to do. Not for me to do anyway.
fivepot123 MEMBER Posts: 1Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:23 a

Surely pretty much what I said that the chances of delivering past Almaty are close to zero… the way it worked was locals would take the trailer to the border, then swap to Chinese hauliers, I still say that I haven’t heard of any one from the UK crossing the border

Didn’t one or our TN regulars, Jelliot, go to the border for TransMondo out of Italy. Im sure I remember him posting a tale of setting off the flash of his illicit camera and the Chinese guards hauling everyone out of bed and searching all the trucks or something?

Edit… viewtopic.php?f=35&t=110000&hilit=russia+beyond Scroll down a bit.

This i whant to have,how can i by it out side UK?

Danne

Can’t find it on Amazon at all