Tread mill

After having a heart attack last year I have just renewed my licence but they have only renewed it for two years instead of five they say I have to have a tread mill test every three yrs I did have one last yrs after my do but I want to know who pays for the test when it’s due is it free or do I Have to pay for it

The DVLA pay for it, and make the appointment…i have to have one every 3 years ( it used to be 2 ) for me its not the stressing of the heart, but my legs suffer, as theyre not used to doing a marathon every 3 years…lol

And i failed the treadmill…with only 2 minutes to go…as my legs were giving me grief…but there is an alternative ( if you fail the other one ) and it involves an injection to raise the blood pressure, and in the afternoon another injection where they then measure the blood flows through the system. I have been trying to get in touch with the cardiac department to see whats happening for the past 3 weeks…today they eventually phoned me back…just to tell me the cardiologist is on holiday till the 12th march and can i call back then…ha ha he would have looked at my records, signed the forms and send them to the reception who does the test…hopefully i can make some progress afterwards…its lucky they date the licence when they issue it…( never used to till i involved my mp )…so another little wait.

I am concerned that if I am ever asked to do a treadmill test that I shall be in trouble with arthritic knee pain. I have no trouble whatsoever with lifting things or obviously operating vehicle pedals, it is just the impact through the joint when walking very quickly or downhill which is a problem. Can you do a similar non weight bearing test, swimming or rowing machine?

cav551:
I am concerned that if I am ever asked to do a treadmill test that I shall be in trouble with arthritic knee pain. I have no trouble whatsoever with lifting things or obviously operating vehicle pedals, it is just the impact through the joint when walking very quickly or downhill which is a problem. Can you do a similar non weight bearing test, swimming or rowing machine?

I’m having similar problems at the moment.
I have arthritis in my left knee which is OK until I step on an uneven kerb or walk down a slope. At the same time, I have a bout of sciatica which gives my some stick in my right leg. After walking some distance it looks as though I may be ■■■■■■■
Best treatment though is to keep working, sit still to long and I can’t move at all.
A couple of pain killers and a ten minute stroll around the block before I go to work and I can do a twelve hour shift no problem.

Anyone know what the treadmill test involves? As in the speed and incline etc…

I had what is referred to as a stress test for my cardiac problem. This is done via drugs rather than the treadmill as it tests the heart in isolation. Very handy if like me you suffer from joint or spine problems that restrict movement. The down side is being totally caffeine free for 24hrs prior to the test .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

This what my experance of the treadmill test was,i had a T.I.A after 2 years loss of licence and away from road transport, i applied for my HGV class 1. from DVLA.

I was sent to my local hospital for the tread mill test via the d.v.l.a.paperwork,at the time i considered myself very fit, not working and hill walking 3 times a week ,the south downs,no extra tablets after the T.I.A.

No extra treatment at all from the doctors since the T.I.A.just the same high blood pressure tablets, so i was 100% confident i would be able to do whatever the machine required idid not know but had heard it requires a walking test, you are fitted with stick on wires on your chest to record whatever they need.

The operate of the machine does tell you that he cannot give you any results as they go back to SWANSEA[THE PRINTOUT GRAPH]
You are allowed to hold on to like handler bars but not to take your weight, the machine is like a flat piece of plywood and it starts moving like a walking machine in gyms,it gets faster and goes up in incline very gently ,like going up hill, and it gets steeper, and steeper,and i do it to the finish well i assume to the finish the machine stopped either the man seeing me or it was at the end i do not know, to be honest,i was not in distress at all, slightly out of breath it is like walking up a sand dune in flip flops…i did it and failed.

I had a reply from Swansea confirming a fail ,and if i required i cold challenge their result in court, to get my licence back i never did, because they new something i did not with stress on my organs… by the test results [told to me by my own [doctor]. that was 2002 but i had a good run…drank hundreds of beers smoked thousands of ■■■■, still do…not so many ■■■■ but beer yes…i would assume Bazza 076 in 2018 has he results by now…dbp.