It's that time again!

When you have to renew your HGV entitlement every year it seems to come around very quickly.
Received my paperwork on Monday, and now there is even more questionaires to fill in.
One is about disclosing personal information to your doc if the DVLA decide to fail you on some medical point. The other I have had to read several times to fully understand, it’s about your eyesight, if you have one of the many eyesight conditions that are possible and another eye test is required, this is in addition to the eye test on the D4.
It seems to take for granted that we are all under treatment from a battery of doctors and consultants, wanting to names of your doctor )s) and consultants and what they are treating you for!
Will have to read it all again very carefully as we know it only takes a tick in the wrong box to unleash a tide of ■■■■ that we can do without.
Having said that, I went for my annual diabetic check at my local doctor’s last week and was told that as usual my blood/glucose level is normal and not being on any medication for anything I am in quite good condition.
Since having my cataracts done last year and subsequent laser treatment I don’t use my specs any more.
One thing about the length of time it takes for the DVLA to return your licence is the fact that it may take several weeks after your entitlement has expired before you get your licence back, but the upside is, the period of validity is from the time they post it to you, this last couple of years I have gained three months extra time, my licence was originally due on my birthday in July, but now the renewal comes up in September!

Passed the medical last Thursday, and passed the eyesight test without my specs, having my cataracts done and subsequent laser treatment has done wonders, here we go for another year then…

Congratulations you’re obviously a fine specimen of a lorry driver :smiley:

With the amount of paperwork now to be filled out and sent back to renew your entitlement, the envelope supplied has not increased is size and if it was difficult before, it’s now impossible to get all the pages in, still I suppose they have to get shut of their stock of old envelopes.

I’ve mentioned before about me gaining a few weeks or even a couple of months extended HGV entitlement with the DVLA taking so long to return one’s licence, which when I have to renew mine every year is a bonus.
As my son has his 45th birthday next month, although the licence renewal docs came a couple of weeks later than the 56 days expected, he had his medical and eye test, sent everything off, and got his new licence back in FOUR days!
The downside is, as when they are late returning your licence the length of the licence is from the day they send it, the same occurs when they return the licence before your entitlement expires, the licence is dated from when they send it out, so my son has lost a few weeks entitlement, but as he only has to renew it every five years at the moment, he can live with that.
So unlike having your car MoT early, that new one does not come into effect until your old one expires, not so with your driving licence!