Lower back pain

Hey guys, anybody phone I might be able to alleviate pain in the lower back region, it feels as though I’ve taken a dozen kidney punches to either side. Really causing me issues sleeping.

And it’s not even an age related issue, I’m only 26!

Thanks all!

Could be any number of thing tbh but make an appointment with your Dr if no joy there ask them to refer to pain management when see them tell them everything you can about it also you job

Also make sure you have nothing in your back pockets i.e. wallet etc as this may cause an issue

By 26 although I didn’t know my back was fractured with prolapsed disc

animal:
Could be any number of thing tbh but make an appointment with your Dr if no joy there ask them to refer to pain management when see them tell them everything you can about it also you job

Also make sure you have nothing in your back pockets i.e. wallet etc as this may cause an issue

By 26 although I didn’t know my back was fractured with prolapsed disc

Thanks animal!! I’m always careful to not to have anything in my pockets, known many drivers suffer from pain through that.

I think I’m going to get and see a quack as it seems to be getting worse. Just hope it doesn’t screw me out of working

I have a fractured back prolapsed disc crumbling disc excessive wear in my disc as del as a few other health issues but it don’t stop me form working & I am a lot older than you ok I do take some medication to help with this but they keep me going

Also exercise is good for you as it helps strengthen but might want to speak to your Dr 1st good luck

Sounds painful! I hope that the meds help keep it under control!
Exercise would probably help a lot, maybe I need to make better use of my weekends.
Thanks for your responses

If it’s recently happened/have you moved something heavy, it might just be a pulled muscle, very painful & sore for a few days, I pulled my back out moving a generator when I was your age & I couldn’t even put my D Series Ford into 2nd or 4th gears, could only push the gear leaver forwards [emoji57]
If it’s muscle pain, it should clear up in a few days, a hot bath & or a hot water bottle on the area might help or ice to numb it for a few minutes, but still get it checked it out.
Your a bit young to have a Prolapsed Disc (or slipped disc) mine went’ when I was 40+, couldn’t walk for a week [emoji22], but you learn to manage the pain.
(& STOP JUMPING OFF LORRY BEDS !!! [emoji57])

martinviking:
Your a bit young to have a Prolapsed Disc (or slipped disc) mine went’ when I was 40+, couldn’t walk for a week [emoji22], but you learn to manage the pain.
(& STOP JUMPING OFF LORRY BEDS !!! [emoji57])

I was 17 when I done mine after a motorbike accident

I just fall off back of lorries :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Viking! Unfortunately I’ve had it well over a month so I guess that sort of rules out muscular. Hope your back isn’t giving you too much grief!

Chunkzilla:
Cheers Viking! Unfortunately I’ve had it well over a month so I guess that sort of rules out muscular. Hope your back isn’t giving you too much grief!

Muscular problems can take longer than fractures to heal.
Are you on any meds?
I’m on tabs for cholesterol 2 weeks after I started I started getting neck ache on the left side of my neck.

nick2008:

Chunkzilla:

Muscular problems can take longer than fractures to heal.
Are you on any meds?
I’m on tabs for cholesterol 2 weeks after I started I started getting neck ache on the left side of my neck.

Not yet mate, need to get and see a doctor. Getting an appointment should be fun… As should being around for it!

7 months ago i was in agony with my back. Went to doctor who referred me to physio. Got an appointment after a month, but ended up in more pain. Then had to wait another month to speak to someone at the hospital. She told me i needed an mri scan but I’d have a long wait as it wasn’t serious. So after 6 months of pain i got my scan and then waited 2 weeks for the results. I have 2 displaced discs. They have gone back in so nothing can be done just have to live with it.

Because i was working they moved me down the list. I was told if i took time off I’d be seen quicker. Tossers.

Also because of driving i wasn’t given any painkillers. At one point i was taking tablets like smarties. I was taking 2 ibuprofen and 2 paracetamol every 2 hours.

Last week was first week i haven’t had pins and needles in my left leg for 5 months due to nerves being compressed. Also first week without any tablets. I also managed a 5 mile walk yesterday. First since my back “went”.

Still niggles but a vast improvement. So get to doctor and get it checked. But if you want to be seen quicker tell them to sign you off work.

I was in less pain in wagon seat than anywhere else though. Couldn’t sit on sofa or kitchen chair. Was in agony driving a car. I often had to wait for a minute after getting out of the car before i could stand, and even then i walked like I’d just been analy violated with fence post.

Good luck. You have my sympathy.

How is the pain :question:

I take quite a number of tablets due to mine it keeps me working although they have to be careful due to me driving have just changed a couple recently but don’t think they work to well so back to Dr this week to talk to him

a while ago i had pain all over my back and legs,no matter where i poked it there was instant white hot pain,it took 6 months of hospital appointments and x ray for them to eventually find out i had a broken finger :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
a while ago i had pain all over my back and legs,no matter where i poked it there was instant white hot pain,it took 6 months of hospital appointments and x ray for them to eventually find out i had a broken finger :open_mouth:

:smiley: More corn than a Green Giant! Keep ‘em comin’
@ OP consider a private appointment with an Osteopath.