Had to surrender my license, GUTTED!

Had what they call a nocturnal grand mal seizure, been advised to surrender my license till I’ve had tests done at end of August. No guarantee of gett img it back then unless tests show no chance of it happening again, has anyone else ever had anything like this happen to them or heard of this. Any advice would be appreciated as I’m gutted not being able to drive anything and being on the sick at the moment bored out of my mind!!

it happened to me about 7 years ago, had a seizure in my sleep, broke my collar bone and arm, they did the same with me, advised me to surrender my licence (makes it easier to get back) went for all the tests, turns out I have epilepsy, they told me if I was seizure free after 12 months I could have my car licence back, went 11 months and 20 days or so and had another one and had to wait another year!!

Eventually got my car licence back, limited to 3.5 tonne and thats it, can’t drive HGV’s until im off the tablets for 10 years and seizure free for 10 years, problem is its the tablets stopping the seizures, so its catch 22.

Hope it goes ok pal, if you need any advice, PM me!!

had stents to heart loss it back down 7/5 but still in the game dont miss the 40 footers anymore thought i would but i dont!! was the best thing they did for me!