Prostate problems

A friend has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer he is a long haul driver and the doc told him it could be his exposure to diesel fumes and the exhaust fumes from diesel which could be the cause. Do you all wear gloves when filling up? You should.
Or it could be this…
Prostate Problems in Truck Drivers

Truck drivers face an increased risk of prostate problems due to the many hours they spend driving. The reasons for this are the long periods of time they spend in a seated position as well as the pressure from automotive vibrations. Truck drivers sit for several hours each day they are behind the wheel. This prolonged sitting puts pressure on the prostate gland and can cause pain and discomfort. This is because sitting for long periods of time can actually cut off circulation to the prostate, bladder and uretha which can cause pain and discomfort.

Lads make sure you get yourselves checked out regularly

I doubt diesel fumes would affect his prostate, lungs yes prostate no.

I.ve had prostitis a couple of times and its not pleasant, like trying to sit there driving while someones shoving a red hot poker up your backside :open_mouth:

I know a fitter who had one of his conkers off because of not washing his hands before peeing .

presently being treated for enlarged prostrate , 10 days into my medication and I’m still constantly looking for a quiet place to stop :frowning: not nice .

syramax:
presently being treated for enlarged prostrate , 10 days into my medication and I’m still constantly looking for a quiet place to stop :frowning: not nice .

PSA level ■■

bald bloke:

syramax:

PSA level ■■

got appointment at docs tomorrow for results of blood test, a bit worrying really. I have regular blood checks for bowel cancer as I’m on the “at risk” register . (family history on my dads side , it affects the male side ) and they always take the samples and say we’ll be in touch if we need to .and now I have a appointment .

Hi syramax
Was Diagnosed with enlarged prostrate 20 years ago was prescribed Alfuzosin Hydrochloride 10 mg 1 a Day, at the time another Driver had the same problem he sent away for a Herbal Capsules called Formula 600 for a healthy Prostrate One or Two a day, i have taken 1
a Day never looked back.Not perfect but not bad up a few times during night but never bothered during day can go for hours during day with no problem.
Ben.

syramax:

bald bloke:

syramax:

PSA level ■■

got appointment at docs tomorrow for results of blood test, a bit worrying really. I have regular blood checks for bowel cancer as I’m on the “at risk” register . (family history on my dads side , it affects the male side ) and they always take the samples and say we’ll be in touch if we need to .and now I have a appointment .

My last one was 7.5 !! Got MRI and biopsy next week which is what I went through last year but then nothing was found.

ben walker:
Hi syramax
Was Diagnosed with enlarged prostrate 20 years ago was prescribed Alfuzosin Hydrochloride 10 mg 1 a Day, at the time another Driver had the same problem he sent away for a Herbal Capsules called Formula 600 for a healthy Prostrate One or Two a day, i have taken 1
a Day never looked back.
Ben.

hi ben , you still on them ? I got a months supply of tamsulosin hydrochloride and assumed (hoped) that ,that would be it . :confused:

bald bloke:

syramax:

bald bloke:

syramax:

PSA level ■■

My last one was 7.5 !! Got MRI and biopsy next week which is what I went through last year but then nothing was found.

as long as theres nothing to! find good luck

syramax:

ben walker:
Hi syramax
a Day never looked back.
Ben.

hi ben , you still on them ? I got a months supply of tamsulosin hydrochloride and assumed (hoped) that ,that would be it . :confused:

Still on them they are a lifetime Medication as far as i know i do not think there is a cure for it Pills just shrink it temporarily,they are not perfect I am up two or three times a night but can go for 4 or 5 Hours during Day, then as far as Night goes being Retired i have a few Nips every Night so maybe this is why i am up during the Night so much,musnt Grumble.I know a few mates who have got it and are worse than me i really think the Formula 600 has helped me.

Ben.

bald bloke:
I doubt diesel fumes would affect his prostate, lungs yes prostate no.

Sure the lungs would be affected
Doc also told him that when filling up with diesel and it gets on your hands the toxicity seeps through the skin and can cause testicular cancer. He never wore gloves when filling up. A sad set of statistcis also show that lorry drivers have the biggest rate of testicular cancer than any other group. Your job could be killing you so lads get checked out regularly.

I am retired after 43 years on the road and I have just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I have an appointment next week when I hope to be told what action is going to be taken.
It started with an urgent need to pee last September. I am not on any tablets but this has settled down now and I have just come back from Portugal with the car after an eight hour drive to the ferry when I only had to stop once for a pee.
Last night I was in bed from 11.00pm until 6.00am without getting up. A mate of mine has had water works trouble for twenty years and his psa count is twelve and he gets up several times every night and he has not got cancer. My psa count is only eight and I do have cancer.
If in any doubt a biopsy is the only way to be sure it is a bit embarrassing but not painful.
The doctor I saw at the end of September did some tests which I was told were all clear and it was only when I went to the doctors again in January and asked what had been tested for that I found out it was for kidney function. So make sure that they test for the psa count.

syramax:
as long as theres nothing to! find good luck

And good luck to you .

Numbum:
I am retired after 43 years on the road and I have just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I have an appointment next week when I hope to be told what action is going to be taken.
It started with an urgent need to pee last September. I am not on any tablets but this has settled down now and I have just come back from Portugal with the car after an eight hour drive to the ferry when I only had to stop once for a pee.
Last night I was in bed from 11.00pm until 6.00am without getting up. A mate of mine has had water works trouble for twenty years and his psa count is twelve and he gets up several times every night and he has not got cancer. My psa count is only eight and I do have cancer.
If in any doubt a biopsy is the only way to be sure it is a bit embarrassing but not painful.
The doctor I saw at the end of September did some tests which I was told were all clear and it was only when I went to the doctors again in January and asked what had been tested for that I found out it was for kidney function. So make sure that they test for the psa count.

Sorry to hear that, I had an MRI and biopsy back in October time and was given the all clear but was told to have a psa test every 6 months which I did a month ago when I found out it had risen to 7.5 from 4.0 so it was recommended I go through it all again, the trouble is the results are due back just after I leave for a 3 weeks holiday so not sure what would happen if I need urgent treatment.

bald bloke:

Numbum:

Sorry to hear that, I had an MRI and biopsy back in October time and was given the all clear but was told to have a psa test every 6 months which I did a month ago when I found out it had risen to 7.5 from 4.0 so it was recommended I go through it all again, the trouble is the results are due back just after I leave for a 3 weeks holiday so not sure what would happen if I need urgent treatment.

I had been told I had cancer and then had a bone and pelvic scan to see if it had wandered off anywhere else. I had a months holiday booked a couple of days after the last scan and I spoke to the consultants secretary about canceling my holiday. She looked into it and rang me back saying they do not see any reason to cancel my holiday so off I went.
I live in Bristol Bald Bloke and the most trouble I have had so far is getting too and from the new hospital at Southmead.

Numbum:

bald bloke:

Numbum:

I had been told I had cancer and then had a bone and pelvic scan to see if it had wandered off anywhere else. I had a months holiday booked a couple of days after the last scan and I spoke to the consultants secretary about canceling my holiday. She looked into it and rang me back saying they do not see any reason to cancel my holiday so off I went.
I live in Bristol Bald Bloke and the most trouble I have had so far is getting too and from the new hospital at Southmead.

I’m Bristol too so fingers crossed for both of us I might even bump into you next week up the hospital.

been for my test results and psa is 3.2 which is apparently slightly high for someone my age (59 next month) but not a big worry :smiley: I’m now on combodart0.5mg/0.4mg hard capsules (dytasteride/tamulosin hydrochloride ) . I take these for 3months and go back for more blood tests . not the best result but in my opinion its still a guddun . I’m feeling a lot more optimistic than I was :smiley: good luck and best wishes to all who have this problem (or any other for that matter)

syramax:
been for my test results and psa is 3.2 which is apparently slightly high for someone my age (59 next month) but not a big worry :smiley: I’m now on combodart0.5mg/0.4mg hard capsules (dytasteride/tamulosin hydrochloride ) . I take these for 3months and go back for more blood tests . not the best result but in my opinion its still a guddun . I’m feeling a lot more optimistic than I was :smiley: good luck and best wishes to all who have this problem (or any other for that matter)

Nice one, yours ain’t high mine is, I’m 50 and mine was 7.5.