Is there any pain worse than gout?

I doubt it very much women can go on about period pains and labour pains and what not but once that big toe of yours goes red and swells up there is no pain like it on my eyes :exclamation: Drinking water all day and necking 500g paracetamol but it’s doing nowt to shift it at the minuite.
Even got the agency limp now with the Aldi shopping bag( bit of banter before anyone starts) I went to the docs for some prescription drugs the last time I got it only to be told they only give them out of you have at least 3 bouts in 18 month :unamused:
So it’s ok for me to struggle my knackers off doing my job, struggling to get my boots on and off, struggling to get onto a trailer, catwalk of the unit or even get in and out the cab just because I ain’t had 3 bouts of gout within 18 month :unamused:

If you think it’s bad in your toe wait until you get it in your knee or ankle.Naproxen is about the best answer to it.Although if you can even wear boots or shoes or even socks it’s either not bad or it hasn’t reached it’s worst yet. :open_mouth:

But trust me pancreatitis beats gout by a country mile with gall stones being not far behind that. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

I know my dad used to get it in his wrist.

Had a bad time once when it went, left wrist,right wrist, right ankle , left ankle in the space of a few weeks.

Begging to be taken outside and put down with old yellow by the end.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I doubt it very much women can go on about period pains and labour pains and what not but once that big toe of yours goes red and swells up there is no pain like it on my eyes :exclamation:

I hear you brother. It always infuriates me when I hear women complain about the pain of childbirth when they have obviously never suffered from Man Flu in their lives.

nhs.uk/Conditions/Gout/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Paraceptamol Overdose kills as sure as its raining 2moro

Dont know if thats a good solution i post here a Link too.
lloydspharmacy.com/en/pain-m … eView:grid

Is a German Health Side with English Translation. So dont shut me if Horn starts growing

translate.google.com/translate?h … gicht.html

zentrum-der-gesundheit.de/gicht.html

Don’t know about gout but the worst pain I have ever suffered was when my Achilles tendon finally gave way after a week of intense pain. On a scale of 1 to 10 this was a 16 :open_mouth:
Mind you the time I got me nose broke by a coppers rubber torch during my rebellious yoof was a bit on the painful side as well :slight_smile:

Evening fellas. Not suffered the delights of childbirth but I can tell you that a squashed spinal disc causing sciatica down to your toes is by far the worst pain I’ve ever suffered. Next time if there is a next time I will quite gladly shoot myself. :frowning:

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

I chipped a nail, and ruined a perfectly good manicure.

Oh the horror.

i’ve heard glazed cherrys help with gout :open_mouth: not sure if thats one of those old fish wife tales mind :smiley:

truckertart1:
Evening fellas. Not suffered the delights of childbirth but I can tell you that a squashed spinal disc causing sciatica down to your toes is by far the worst pain I’ve ever suffered.

I’ll never forget the straight leg lift test at the doctors before the X rays and scans. :open_mouth: Until then I’d been working with it and thought it was the zb Merc seat that was giving me a bit of back trouble. :laughing: But like gout pancreatitis beats it.Although I think I’d definitely ask for euthanasia if it was all three together. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Kidney stones :open_mouth:
And when it moves :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush:
Ooh nurse :wink:

nick2008:

Had my kidney stones smashed to bits by an ultrasound treatment. Was ■■■■■■■ chalk for a day after that, but the damned peanut-shaped thing never came back after that.

A friend of mine who used to get gout attacks often - cut out Sugar and alcohol, especially jellies (eg. Fruit Gums) and wines (Port in particular) and now he only gets a couple of bouts of it a year, usually around Christmas and Easter.
The suggestion is that diet has a lot to do with it.

Winseer:

nick2008:

Had my kidney stones smashed to bits by an ultrasound treatment. Was ■■■■■■■ chalk for a day after that, but the damned peanut-shaped thing never came back after that.

A friend of mine who used to get gout attacks often - cut out Sugar and alcohol, especially jellies (eg. Fruit Gums) and wines (Port in particular) and now he only gets a couple of bouts of it a year, usually around Christmas and Easter.
The suggestion is that diet has a lot to do with it.

Diet,Yes
No Sugar. No Pasta, No potato, No Bread, No Pastries, No :grimacing: Well, Simple said no Carbs and no Protein. Posted once a List which was delated. Maybe the Mod keeps that for himself :grimacing:

My doctor gave me the option of diclophenac (sp?) when I had an attack or allopurinol (sp?) every day to keep the gout away.
I tried the when needed method but found myself needing it more and more so changed to the 1 a day option. I now only have a very occasional attack if I drink very little for a couple of days.

e340cd6154a1d861ba4ef72effe3c85b.jpg

this? what i was left with after a car accident last year

Immigrant:
… Maybe the Mod keeps that for himself :grimacing:

No mate, the Mod deletes random crap. There’s a forum rule about that.

Glad to be of service. :wink:

When it comes to levels of pain, here’s my contribution:

I have a condition called acromegaly (aka Gigantism) which I started to notice when I was approx. 35yo. (I’m now 60yo.)
I didn’t grow to 8 or 9 feet tall because the tumour that causes it only reared its head after I’d stopped growing.

My feet grew THREE sizes and the pain over the next 20 or so years in my head, hands, feet, shins and jaw joints got worse and worse until it went off the scale.

All my teeth came loose too, so they’re gradually dropping out, which is saving me from dentist’s bills. :smiley:

When I got married, I wore size 7 shoes.
When I got divorced, I wore size 10 shoes.

I’ve never had gout, but (trust me) I do know what it’s like to have extremely painful feet.

Another thing that’s very painful… try an arthritic coccyx cos that’s really great fun. (NOT!!)
Mine was so painful in the end that I couldn’t even go up or down stairs, but I can now it’s been removed. :smiley:

Doc gave me some gout tablets, can’t remember the name right now, but they do shift it, and you can’t take them for more than 3 days at a time.

However he gave me these before I started driving for a living, and I’ve only had to take them once since I started doing it.

They are a long way from ideal in this game. If you’re on them, do not embark on any journey that involves you not knowing where the next lavatory is. Seriously, and if you think you have a ■■■■ brewing, err on the side of caution and keep it in. Get yourself to the lav.

But they do kill the gout though. My advice would be to live with the pain until weekly rest time, but I know that’s easier said than done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk