Mental health

If you haven’t been in touch with your daughters for 12.years,how will you react?

Not being mean here, but your previous posts are somewhat, “strange.”

Is this relevant to trucking :question: :question: :question:
Put the question to one of the agony Aunts in the papers :laughing:

I lost contact with one of my daughters for 8 years and when we met again for the first time it did get a it emotional but her mother was more concerned about how I would react on seeing her. Considering she had emptied the business bank account and done a runner with it and have me declared legally dead 7 years later so she could get my share of the house we owned together then I think her wondering how I would be towards her is perfectly understandable …

Minger:
If you haven’t been in touch with your daughters for 12.years,how will you react?

I don’t know , but she’s your girl mate , that will never change , take it steady and I’m sure you’ll be ok

raymundo:
I lost contact with one of my daughters for 8 years and when we met again for the first time it did get a it emotional but her mother was more concerned about how I would react on seeing her. Considering she had emptied the business bank account and done a runner with it and have me declared legally dead 7 years later so she could get my share of the house we owned together then I think her wondering how I would be towards her is perfectly understandable …

Is that for real?

raymundo:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Bloody hell Raymundo, that’s awful.

I know this sort of thing has happened before, and either ■■■ can be victims, what never ceases to amaze me is how a person who presumably once felt enough for the other to marry them and have children together, can so cold and calculatingly seek to ruin the ex spouse/partner in quite this callous way, that takes some bloody cold heart to go through with.
A moment of passionate and instant anger hatred even resulting in a violent scene i can understand, but that was beyond cruel.

Lesser men that could easily have destroyed, chapeau mate.

Juddian:

I know this sort of thing has happened before, and either ■■■ can be victims, what never ceases to amaze me is how a person who presumably once felt enough for the other to marry them and have children together, can so cold and calculatingly seek to ruin the ex spouse/partner in quite this callous way, that takes some bloody cold heart to go through with.
A moment of passionate and instant anger hatred even resulting in a violent scene i can understand, but that was beyond cruel.

We’ve got a calculating one mixing in on our family. Luckily they all live in Wales. Me and my parents live in the Midlands. Somehow some people have it in them to ruin people’s lives. Strange to think, as I couldn’t hurt a fly, unless the fly cut me up :smiling_imp:

This happened to me many years ago when I split up with my first missus. I hauled her into family reconciliation negotiations, then when that failed miserably, several protracted court showdowns. Despite all the rulings granting me father’s access rights, she kept up her vindictive crusade and blatantly defied the court directives time and time again. This went completely unpunished by said family court, and over the two years that this legal farce played out, my nerves and mental resolve were shredded to the point of near meltdown. It was the single most painful decision I have ever had to make - to move on with my life without my beautiful little baby girl in it, and it changed my perception of this earthly life forever.
I learned that justice is rarely served, that some women are colder than an Antarctic blizzard and that time CAN largely heal unbearable pain to everyday manageable levels. One new partner and 12yrs hence, first missus traces me from Norfolk to my new life in Yorkshire, and rocks up unannounced at my front door one summer afternoon with my now teenaged daughter. Some woman, eh? Upshot was a failed attempt at re-bonding (too little, too late, and my girl had grown into little more than a clone of her mother.) After a few lukewarm encounters, the whole thing fizzled out and I don’t have any meaningful contact with her once again. Life is not black and white, life is often cruel and unjust, and sometimes you just have to ■■■■ it up and carry on despite the crushing blows it dishes out to you. I suppose the point of this rambling monologue is simply to assure you that there are other guys out there that have been dragged through similar dreadful scenarios, and that sometimes the die has been cast, and there is precious little you can do to change the realities. My daughter now has a partner and baby girl of her own, and I pray for a happy life for her. I just hope she’s a better person than her mother turned out to be.
I wish you all the best for your meeting - just handle it with calmness and caution, and don’t have any early expectations. It’s a slow and gentle process. :wink:

I’ve got the same going on, except it’s been 15 years

OVLOV JAY:

My brother in law’s been going through the same for 12 months. His estranged sodded off to a refuge, with a book of fantasy only bettered by the bible. She’s only got custody of the kids because “moving them again wouldn’t be fair on them.”
She’s Czech so has naturally used the “poor EE girl” routine. :unamused: :imp:

bobbya:

raymundo:
I deleted the text …
Is that for real?

Unfortunately yes, 100%

One consolation is I started the business with nothing and ended up with very nearly the same so didn’t loose owt realy, but life must go on, :slight_smile:
I regret the 7 or 8 missed years with my daughter though.

Juddian:

the female of the species, IS MORE DEADLY THAN THE MALE :grimacing:

OVLOV JAY:

Me too. My eldest Daughter is now 23. I’ve not seen or heard her for 20 years now. I wouldn’t know what she looks like or where she lives… I wonder if she even knows i’m her real father.

Every time i won in the court, her mother would move away making it difficult to track her down…

I gave up after 10 years… :frowning: Life has to go on. Maybe one day we’ll meet…

Its a strange thing when someone you had children with then dies.
2 weeks ago an ex of mine passed away, have 2 sons with her, she remarried. I have been remarried now for 22yrs, but although it was a relief when we parted etc , I, to my surprise found myself feeling a bit upset, she was only 55. Have not seen one of my boys since 2007, he is 32, he wants to see me, I have 5 grandchildren who I have never met…very hard to reconcile but you surprise your self, well I have lol.

Good luck & as has been said take it slow & let them do the talking. :slight_smile:

I worked with a guy who emigrated with his wife to Oz.He worked well and all was fine she was pregnant he was well pleased.She wasnt though so had an abortion and said wanted back to UK. They both came back and she dumped him a few months later.They really know how to be vindictive.

I would rather face a rabid dog than a well angry woman :slight_smile:

One of my ole flames was intent on stickin a bloody great carving knife in me one day, I like a hero disarmed her … NO I DIDN’T I quickly locked mesen in a room :angry:

I have a similar problem my daughter will not allow me to see me grandchildren now not seen the oldest since she was just turned 2 & he was 8 mth that was last August