Hgv licence revoked

A friend of mine has recently had a stroke and been told his hgv licence will be revoked for 12 months, this seems a little harsh to me, as i know of drivers who’ve had heart attacks and not lost their licence for that long…any thoughts? ■■?

Surprised it’s not 2 years as there’s a very high risk of suffering another stroke. Of all the people I know who’ve had stents fitted have all said how much healthier they feel after surgery.

DVLA are mad keen on revoking licences at the moment, and not just HGV licences. My girlfriend is an HCA and two of her colleagues have had their car licences revoked recently, one for depression and one for back pain.

Ok guys thank hou for your help, I’ll relay the message on, thanks again

I thought I was getting mine back in July …after 5yr withdrawn , it now transpires I can get my puddle jumper (7.5t ) back and drive. In twelve months time I can get the rest back IF I have no problems in those 12 months and I have to actually drive too .

Balls …I am staying retired.

Ps I did have huge heart problems that are now behind me , but I was a Guinea pig for new procedures and stem cell injection trials, so the DVLA doctor would not budge in his timespan. Even my consultant said it was crazy!