Waking up, can't breath?

this post is not really about trucks but I still wounderd what people might think. I have been waking up recently in the middle of the night not being able to breath soaked throw with cold sweat and my head seems to be raceing lightening fast with lots of bad thoughts of worring about anything and everything and after waking up it takes being awake for about an hour or so befor I feel back to normal :frowning: seems to happing every night for a while now. just wounderd if anyone new or had similar thing happen to them ? many thanks

Sopunds like a panic attack, but I’m not a doc. Make an appointment and get yourself checked out.

Get it checked out ASAP mate. You don’t wanna end up as another statistic found in their cab after they’ve been reporting missing.

Might end up being something silly and simple or it might be something serious that really needs to be looked at.

Mine worked out to be the wife holding a pillow over me head.

jrt:
this post is not really about trucks but I still wounderd what people might think. I have been waking up recently in the middle of the night not being able to breath soaked throw with cold sweat and my head seems to be raceing lightening fast with lots of bad thoughts of worring about anything and everything and after waking up it takes being awake for about an hour or so befor I feel back to normal :frowning: seems to happing every night for a while now. just wounderd if anyone new or had similar thing happen to them ? many thanks

What do you work at, If a truck driver are you waking up in your own bed or your bed at home

nightline:

jrt:

What do you work at, If a truck driver are you waking up in your own bed or your bed at home

dose’nt matter where I sleep. Same thing happends. I am driving for work at the moment.

Could be stress but whatever it is you need to get it checked out asap

As one of the posters said were no Doc’s, Sounds like you have something going on in your life that’s worrying you, and what you said could be anxiety attacks or panic attacks, this job does that to some people sometimes, worrying about not known where they are going the next day, hope you sort it out.

Sounds like an anxiety disorder. Is there a particular thing that you think about most? Maybe your next destination, finances, your kids (if they’re away from home). Could also be a touch of sleep apnea, where the soft palate collapses onto the back of your tongue.

Hie thee to a doctor my mate.

Get yourself to doctors mate. At least if he tells you you’re a hypochondriac he can give you some tablets for it.

Sounds like stress/anxiety, get help ASAP, don’t let it drag on.

OK you may feel like a bit of wimp (you’re not though) but it’s amazing how a bit of professional help can turn you around in fairly short order and give you the tools to manage if things kick off in the future.

AS others have said, get yourself checked out, sounds like anxiety and panic attack.

nick2008:
Mine worked out to be the wife holding a pillow over me head.

Not gonna say what mine turned out to be but left a bit of a rash on me nose and chin! :wink: Seriously, get in to the Docs ASAP. I remember seeing a thing on tv a while back about a lorry driver who was having really bad night terrors…they fitted cameras in his cab and honest to god, it was bloody scary watching what he went through every night, in cab or at home…they sent him for tests etc but can’t remember the outcome

To add; After a quick dig, the programme is called Goodnight Britain…couldn’t find the episode on YouTube but there are bits of it about. Have a look at this, might give you (and others) a bit of an insight youtu.be/5Hhzk2J1eS0

Little bit of a read as well tinyurl.com/jgva68j

Sounds like a form of sleep paralysis, your mind has woken up before your body and thinking you cant breathe sets off a panic attack , google " sleep paralysis" you may recognise the symptoms

chaversdad:
Sounds like a form of sleep paralysis, your mind has woken up before your body and thinking you cant breathe sets off a panic attack , google " sleep paralysis" you may recognise the symptoms

Ah Doctor Google, sometimes you feel worse after looking at that frighten the ■■■■ out of you

nightline:

chaversdad:

Ah Doctor Google, sometimes you feel worse after looking at that frighten the [zb] out of you

You’ll find out you’ve got 4 different types of cancer, anxiety, depression, diabetes and a few things you’ve never heard of if you self diagnose on Google!

Sounds to me as though you / your brain isn’t switching off when you go to sleep… your mind is racing this results in the cold sweats and the breathing issues is generally panic related …

Certainly you need to go and see a qualified general practitioner who will most probably prescribe a course amitriptyline and see how you get on…

I’m no doc but I did work for the coroners office for many years :grimacing:

nhs.uk/Conditions/Sleep-para … ptoms.aspx

Ok forget the google, here you go

jrt:

My money is on: Sleep apnoea

Do you snore??

Try an hypnosis cd before or as going to sleep to relax the mind