Suspected Heart attack yesterday

Jesus H Christ !
I woke up yesterday morning feeling crap with a really pounding irregular heartbeat, both hands clamped like claws and terrible cramp in my legs, sweating profusely and one minute hot then cold, put up with it for about three hours then fell asleep or something until about 5pm, I felt a wee bit better but as weak as a newborn baby so phoned the wife who was working to come home, she rushed home and phoned NHS 24 and relayed the symptoms who advised it may have been a heart attack or undiagnosed Angina and the ambulance was on it’s way. So doing what most wives would in these circumstances, first panic then cry then bollock me rotten for not calling her earlier. To cut a long story short this afternoon after numerous blood tests (have I any left?) and a heart scan they still couldn’t confirm Yay or Nay, but if it was it were a small one, and was released on the proviso that any problems to go straight back without fail, so about time I changed my life style I think !! Or so she says. But one thing they found was my blood ingredients were all over the place possibly because I ignored the letters telling me I needed to go for a medication review, will take notice in future for sure.
But my sincere thanks to all involved at Dr. Grays Hospital Elgin and elsewhere.

Scary stuff that. Was there no mention of starting any medication?? Like statins/aspirin etc? You don’t think it had anything to to with post -Christmas timing, eg eating/drinking stuff that aint good for you over the festive period?

Get some mackerel and tomatoes down you this January, oh and plenty of broccoli. Look after yourself.

A few years back I had something similar turned out to be what babies have … COLIC :blush: I now understand why babies scream with pain

I’ve had a complete change of medication, I did state on my first post that I had ignored for years the letters from my doctors that I have to go for a medication review. The last week I have cut down on my alcohol intake to next to nowt and also cut back on the smoking and feel a lot more like normal but do find it difficult to sleep and I am also changing my job to one where I am more active so fingers and all other appendages crossed.

Goldilox:
Scary stuff that. Was there no mention of starting any medication?? Like statins/aspirin etc? You don’t think it had anything to to with post -Christmas timing, eg eating/drinking stuff that aint good for you over the festive period?

Get some mackerel and tomatoes down you this January, oh and plenty of broccoli. Look after yourself.

No excesses at Xmas, out of the six tablets I used to take per day the doctors done away with four and altered one to another type but since reintroduced one to control blood pressure.

Hope it works out Ray, doesn’t sound nice at all.

Yep seconded,this has to be the most health undermining trade of them all .theres an amazing reviewer on Amazon called D&D,she gives mind blowing health product reviews.books,supplements etc that is almost consistent with a lifetime project to sort the good from the bad,a real force for good.Hope you get the right resolution to this ordeal raymundo and soon.

Wow glad your ok.
I had those symptoms and it was my gallbladder.hot and cold ,chest pain,weak all the time .
Got it removed and all’s grand now.
Get them to check it.