Child's funeral

Got a family funeral to go to Friday the poor lad was only 8 ffs, I’ve never been to a funeral for one so little so not looking forward to it, he had health issues but was a complete shock when he had a sudden heart attack. He loved the colour yellow so new tie will be brought.

Anyone else had the unfortunate event of a child’s funeral to attend ?

Unfortunately yes. The brother in law and his missus lost a baby one week before term, it was soul destroying seeing this happen given that they had tried for the baby and it ended like this. It hurt more when you think of some chavs who “had an accident” and end up having babies that are lets just say not being born to the best of homes.

The funeral was full on and seeing that tiny coffin made it very hard to hold back the tears, even for a macho git like me. A nice touch was they had each of us release a balloon in memory of their daughter, it was hard but I wanted to be there for the bro in law if nothing else.

Never easy watching kids go too soon.

Truckbling:
A nice touch was they had each of us release a balloon in memory

Yeah we are releasing ballons all yellow ones i think so if you see lots of yellow ballons over Bristol on Friday that’s the reason.

My wife being a priest, works very hard at every funeral she takes, be it a drug addict, an old person, a relative, (She took my brother’s funeral, and both her parents), but she does find that taking a child’s funeral is the toughest of all.
She is also the Chaplain to my Regimental Association so see’s off some old soldiers too.
She took a child’s funeral a few years ago, but a year later, the couple asked my wife to marry them, and she has baptised two subsequent babies for them.

Yes, our first son was stillborn a week before he was due, I carried his little coffin into the church which was by far the hardest, most upsetting thing I’ve ever done. holding back any tears that day was impossible. It’ll be his 12th birthday next month, I still feel down at that time of the month, even more so since my Dad passed away around the same day 5 years ago.

Our little girl, Poppy, died at 18 days of a heart condition. It certainly changes your outlook on life. The yellow tie is a lovely thought :slight_smile:

A very old friend of mine is going though a tough time her grandson ( 2 ) is very ill with cancer he has had 4 lots of chemo but has spread to his spine & couple other places they have sent him home to have some quality time with family he does have an older brother ( 5 ish ) so this will be heart breaking

It’s not nice attending a child’s funeral. One of my neighbour’s had gone out for the evening leaving the eldest of 5 (aged 16) in charge of the younger 4. The youngest (boy aged 4) was in his bunk bed on the top deck. Somehow he had managed to roll between the bed and wall and was caught by his neck. He had been there a while when he was found upon his mam’s return. I was in bed asleep as I was on early shift the next day. The next thing I know is the bedroom light going on and my wife screaming that Danny (the little boy) is dead on our living room carpet. His mam knew that I was a first aider and brought him to me. I got dressed quickly and went downstairs to see the little boy motionless on the floor. I immediately told my wife to call 999 and I started CPR, I went into autopilot and switched off, getting on with the job in hand. It took over 20 minutes for the fast response paramedic! to arrive, the paramedic asked if I knew what I was doing, I told him I was a first aid trainer and I was happy to continue whilst he got his equipment ready. We continued working on the little boy for another 10 minutes until the ambulance arrived. He was rushed to hospital but was dead on arrival. What made it worse was I kept the mother company when she went into labour with the little boy in the first place, so I saw him into the world and out of it. :frowning:

The worst thing I have seen is a 12year old fit healthy girl drop dead in front of me she was a runner ( was a coach at time ) at end of training done some practice on rely she handed the baton over then just kept falling till she hit the deck there were several of us that were first aid trained so we all went into overdrive & done CPR we just had to switch off of who it was another was sent to call an ambulance with arrived fairy soon ( seemed a lot longer than was ) they went & got all there stuff she was taken to hospital were they continued but to no avail

This was back in 1993 I was going on holiday the next day ( yep it was all over the local paper as well ( my sister worked with her mam )

The funeral was bloody awful something i don’t ever want to do again and iv’e never seen so many adults crying like that, he was a young 8 year old and seeing a small coffin painted in Mr Tumble colours and entering the packed church to Disney music was heartbreaking.

bald bloke:
The funeral was bloody awful something i don’t ever want to do again and iv’e never seen so many adults crying like that, he was a young 8 year old and seeing a small coffin painted in Mr Tumble colours and entering the packed church to Disney music was heartbreaking.

I went to the funeral of my best mate little boy, only 9 months old, truly awful time, but it will mean some comfort to them that you were there in their darkest time.

I went round to see my mate as soon as I could after they told me, they lived 150miles away at the time, and I saw my mates wife do one of the balliest things ever. they’d been stuck in the house for a few days and really needed to get out, so we went to their local where she was well known as she’d lived there all her life. obviously people asked her about her little boy, so she stood in the middle of the pub and told everybody what happened. never seen so many grown men cry, obviously most people didn’t know what to say, but one man came up and had a quiet chat with my mate and his wife, he’d lost a young child about 18 year earlier and he could understand their pain in the way only somebody who’d been through it could.

muckles:
never seen so many grown men cry,

Same here, i remember looking over to the other side of the church and this huge bloke who looked bigger and meaner than any one in the rugby world cup was in pieces and he was far from the only one.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

There was a beautiful baby boy in the family, very very almost reached full term but didn’t make it to the birth date. I was one of tbe bearers of this extremely tiny little coffin & the mother of the baby was the other bearer. It was the descision of tbe mother & father to do it this way , family being very close & all. It was heart breaking. The weaths were of teddy bears & other things suitable for a baby.

Your tie sounds a nice choice .

Desperate:
Yes, our first son was stillborn a week before he was due, I carried his little coffin into the church which was by far the hardest, most upsetting thing I’ve ever done. holding back any tears that day was impossible. It’ll be his 12th birthday next month, I still feel down at that time of the month, even more so since my Dad passed away around the same day 5 years ago.

We lost our little boy Darren the same way , stillborn , I still think why , he looked so perfect , terrible time ,not something I’d ever wish on any family .
Often think about him, what would he be like , what would he be doing , never goes away

Losing a child is terrible, regardless of how old they are. Something I hope never to do again in the few years I have left. My Sister died of Cancer on Friday. Getting a bit ■■■■■■ off losing my loved ones to this bars steward of a disease now.

bigvern1:
Losing a child is terrible, regardless of how old they are. Something I hope never to do again in the few years I have left. My Sister died of Cancer on Friday. Getting a bit ■■■■■■ off losing my loved ones to this bars steward of a disease now.

Sorry to hear that yep it is horrible

animal:
A very old friend of mine is going though a tough time her grandson ( 2 ) is very ill with cancer he has had 4 lots of chemo but has spread to his spine & couple other places they have sent him home to have some quality time with family he does have an older brother ( 5 ish ) so this will be heart breaking

Just a quick update sadly this little lad passed away this morning this is the 2nd death this week I have had as earlier in week my niece partner passed leaving her ( 22) & there young daughter 13 mth old her mother passed when she was 13

its always sad when a youngster dies…me and my first wife lost a little girl…because she was too small to have her iown coffin, the hospital asked if we could put her in with an adult, which we agreed to, but the cheeky git then asked if they could take some bits that really was upsetting…but to actually go through with a funeral of someone so young must be heartbreaking…enough said. god bless.

Its sole destroying too loose a little life be it while they are in transit to the world, or once arrived into it…

We have just lost our little one on Monday, we are sure she is girl, was 20weeks in, she is our second loss in less than a year, lost our Charlie when she were about same amount of time in…

Sadly we also lost 3yrs ago, but they couldn’t give us the gender but I just knew he were a boy so named him Ted :slight_smile:
Again he were around the 20week point…, so 3 in 3yrs which we’ve had to lay to rest, but for all the emotions that have come with these losses we are both are incredibly grateful for the one’s we do have and I couldn’t even begin to comprehend loosing one who had made it out of lifes internal incubator safely only to not make it to the old age we all deserve to get too…

So to brighten the darkness me an misses want my tickets asap so as we can really give our nippers
the best we can as were incredibly lucky an greatful too have them, and I want too hopefully maybe be able too foster one day for the ones whom may just need a hand in life, aaaand maybe just maybe open a private dog breeding business on top, I like being busy haha :grimacing:

Big plans, just gotta get me head down now harder than ever an get the tickets this year!!

FINALLY if i may id like to say to anyone who maybe suffering at this time of year, I give your our deepest thoughts and prayers, and please and I know its ni-on impossible try and take a deep breath and somehow
if you can, look for as much happiness as you can in your life around you, don’t dwell on the sadness, channel the emotions into making a positive memory…

it will get brighter I promise…

Benjie83:
Its sole destroying too loose a little life be it while they are in transit to the world, or once arrived into it…

We have just lost our little one on Monday, we are sure she is girl, was 20weeks in, she is our second loss in less than a year, lost our Charlie when she were about same amount of time in…

Sadly we also lost 3yrs ago, but they couldn’t give us the gender but I just knew he were a boy so named him Ted :slight_smile:
Again he were around the 20week point…, so 3 in 3yrs which we’ve had to lay to rest, but for all the emotions that have come with these losses we are both are incredibly grateful for the one’s we do have and I couldn’t even begin to comprehend loosing one who had made it out of lifes internal incubator safely only to not make it to the old age we all deserve to get too…

So to brighten the darkness me an misses want my tickets asap so as we can really give our nippers
the best we can as were incredibly lucky an greatful too have them, and I want too hopefully maybe be able too foster one day for the ones whom may just need a hand in life, aaaand maybe just maybe open a private dog breeding business on top, I like being busy haha :grimacing:

Big plans, just gotta get me head down now harder than ever an get the tickets this year!!

FINALLY if i may id like to say to anyone who maybe suffering at this time of year, I give your our deepest thoughts and prayers, and please and I know its ni-on impossible try and take a deep breath and somehow
if you can, look for as much happiness as you can in your life around you, don’t dwell on the sadness, channel the emotions into making a positive memory…

it will get brighter I promise…

Deepest sympathy for your losses , and God bless you for your positiveity.