Simple Faint poss license revoked

Hi all
After a 15 hr shift on my first day of my rota’d week last week I fainted in the office and was taken to a&e as precaution. All tests (blood pressure, blood tests and ECG heart tests) were normal. The week before i did 80 hrs including poa/rests and did not sleep well the night before my shift - i had my 45 weekly rest before this shift.
I was then discharged after 2 hrs with what i thought was an all clear. since then my company asked me for a note from GP to say am fit for work after a day off - to cover their backs understandably. So naievely told my GP i was a LGV driver and he said i had to tell DVLA…OUCH.

He has got the reports from a&e now but oddly at the end of the notes from hospital someone has written ‘‘not to drive’’ - it desnt state for how long (gp says legally doctors have to say this whether its a faint or not but documents do state collapse due to faint.

My GP seems to think I cannot drive during the process ( i have sent my forms now to dvla) and he has spoke to the dvla medical team telling them he has advised i dont drive now so i feel quite worried that dvla will read into this.

Has anyone else had similar expereinces and NOT had their LGV license revoked?

There are quite a few posts on this forum of those who have an am feeling scared that I might be in the same position for a simple thing like a faint due to not eating or drinking enough water/food or enough sleep down to my own stupidness.

As you know mine was revoked but did get it back after several month although mine was not just a simple faint

You need to make sure you eat/drink enough during the day & how important it is ( but think you know this already )

Unfortunately it is in the hands of DVLA medical section & not a lot you can do but wait make sure your Dr writes to them asap also you may need some more test run just to be on the safe side

You know where I am if you need

thanks animal for your support buddy. on a positive side my employer today called and said they would pay me 40 hrs still for couple of weeks and if after couple of weeks still wiaitng possible work in the warehouse which might be bit embarassing but it would stop me from have to go get other work…such a relief and thankfull for support esp as its agency paying me and i am self employed…amazeballs.

still feel a bit gutted though and feel a bit shafted by nhs - looking at the guidelines a simple faint dont have to inform dvla but gp has no guts and does not believe me

Might want to have at look at what happened in Glasgow with a bin lorry…might explain why they are being cautious about letting you back behind the controls of a killing machine after suffering an unexplained fainting episode.

appreciate that ■■■■■ and the glasgow driver lied about his faints before in fact should be charged in my opinion for manslaughter the git. i have never fainted and it was not unexplained - it was due to me not eating and drinking enough and pushing myself too much without breaking any laws.
understand what you are saying though as that guy has changed the precedent for all and made GP’s and dvla cautious now understandable

btw i hope you are not insinuating i am the same as the glasgow bin driver?

space1999:
appreciate that ■■■■■ and the glasgow driver lied about his faints before in fact should be charged in my opinion for manslaughter the git. i have never fainted and it was not unexplained - it was due to me not eating and drinking enough and pushing myself too much without breaking any laws.
understand what you are saying though as that guy has changed the precedent for all and made GP’s and dvla cautious now understandable

btw i hope you are not insinuating i am the same as the glasgow bin driver?

Not at all…just pointing out why there may be a whole new level of arse covering reached in these sort of cases in future.

fair do’s ■■■■■ then yes i agree it does appear that all concerned are covering themselves to me too because of that selfless glasgow bin lorry driver
just got to wait now and see what happens…
cheers

I suspect that “not to drive” note was meant as a precaution for the OP’s journey home from the hospital - i.e. until he had some rest & recuperation time.

Doesn’t help now that the DVLA wheels are grinding into action though :frowning:

Hi raymondo
yes i hope dvla when they see the note ‘‘not to drive’’ they think not to drive home straight away or until after some rest too but who knows. i do feel like i have been shafted a bit …and looking and the guidelines for medical professional a simple faint - no need for dvla to be informed but my gp did not have the balls to go with that. in fact i don’t think he even knows - he prefers to let dvla make a decision

good news - I am back on the road again after a 5 week wait and no revoking of my license. defo some arse covering by my GP and from the sounds of what DVLA told me i didn’t even need to tell them…something called reflex snycope i think…i.e simple faint.

oh hum/////onwards and upwards

That is nice to hear so not too long

space1999:
fair do’s ■■■■■ then yes i agree it does appear that all concerned are covering themselves to me too because of that selfless glasgow bin lorry driver
just got to wait now and see what happens…
cheers

I think you might have meant “selfish”. “Selfless” means pretty much the opposite of what you appear to be saying :wink:

Horrible that Situation,and im sorry for you.
Its anywhy a good question wot to work if you loos your license as your Life is planed by the high of your earning as Driver.

You took the words right outa my mouth!

I had this a few years ago and had about a month or so of as far as dvla are concerned they’ll say that you have to follow the advice of your gp. Basically they’re waiting to see if ot happens again.

I had this a few years ago was off for quite a while due to a lot of test at hospital & investigation then had to fight to get licence back but my GP was good he sent me for every test that he could & more his words “no stone left unturned” eventually got it back