Bubble

Our little cat died today, she was so tiny. She had been ill for the last few weeks, but overnight it became clear that she was weakening rapidly so we couldn’t let her go on and possibly be in pain. My poor wife is inconsolable, after feeding in the shed what had been clearly the abandoned runt of a litter and who was too timid to come indoors, Bubble was her baby. We had her for 14 years after that. What a rotten day.

Others have had far worse we know.

Sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking when a family member passes on as in essence thats what our pets become. The love we give them is only matched by the love they give us.

Having lost pets myself I know how hard it can be.
Very difficult to write this due to the amount of little ■■■■■ quips and innuendo I have bubbling up to the surface. But I shall resist and please accept my sincere condolences.

Feel for ya, Cav.

We’ve got five of these feline herberts that we live with :smiley:

Condolences - understand how you feel, we had a cat for 15 years and were very sad when he had to be put down (due to incurable cancer).

RIP Bubble

Sorry for your loss mate.

rip Bubbles

(was going to call one of my new kittens…Treacle. that last year)

I’ve been there
:frowning: my 1st cat candy passed away with a fit at 7 years old (maybe older) 3 years ago…
came up to me at 3am gave my legs a rub
then just collapsed and passed away in front of me

she was a rescue cat
only cats to have i reckon
had her 5 years, most affectionate cat i had
now got 3 cats
(2 are sisters lol, treacle & pebbles lol)
did have 4 but had to give minnie away… hated men lol

candy :frowning:

Sorry to hear about the loss of Bubble, Cav. Totally empathise; it’s crazy how fond I’ve become of cats over the years and each time we lost one it was absolutely heartbreaking. I think it’s so hard losing an animal because they ask of nothing except food and love. We’ll all be reuinited at the rainbow bridge one day though! :smiley:

14 years is a good innings for the runt of a litter. You both made the right decision. Take some time to get over Bubbles before you decide whether or not to get another cat.

Javiatrix:
Sorry to hear about the loss of Bubble, Cav. Totally empathise; it’s crazy how fond I’ve become of cats over the years and each time we lost one it was absolutely heartbreaking. I think it’s so hard losing an animal because they ask of nothing except food and love. We’ll all be reuinited at the rainbow bridge one day though! :smiley:

All I ask for off the missus is food and love. I get bearly edible food and some grunting and pushing for love :laughing:
RIP to Bubbles. I’m a dog man myself but I understand how heartbreaking it is when our pets leave us.

We had a cat called Bubbles, when I was with my ex, when we split up, she kept her & every time I went round to fetch the kids (every Tuesday for swimming & every other weekend) I would get out of the car & shout ‘BUBBLES’ she would always come out of nowhere for a stroke.
she passed away a few years ago & it upset me when my daughter rang me, I won’t have another pet now, breaks your heart when you loose them.

Wot a Soppy Git I am !

RIP Bubble.

I think we are all softies over our pets.
We had a lovely cat walked in several years ago, clean, well looked after, decided she wanted to stay with us.
After asking around and putting an add in he paper shop, no one came forward to claim her so she stayed.
Took her to the vets for a check up and she was estimated to be about 8 years old.
We had her for 15years before she started to become incontinent and lose control of her legs.
Cats know when the end is near, and will usually go away and find a place to die.
Every time our Katie went to the vets, it was a fight to get her into her travel box, then at the vets it was a fight to get her out.
I had asked the vet when will I know he’s had enough, and the vet just said, you will know.
The last few days we had been spoon feeding her, but came the morning when she couldn’t stand up I knew that the time had come.
I carried her round the garden where she used to roam and whispered in her ear, and although she had ceased to be vocal some weeks earlier, she meowed to me, she knew what was happening, and I wept.
She struggled into her travel box and was no trouble getting out at the vets, she knew what she’d come for. they wrapped her in a towel, shaved some hair from her paw and gave he an injection, a nurse taking her pulse said within 10 seconds she was gone.
We’d had her for 15 years, so she was about 22 when she left us, but what a hole it left in our lives. She was not just a cat or a pet, she was one of the family.
Even now after she’s been gone over two years we still miss her to bits. When sitting in our living room some evenings, something in the corner of my eye makes me turn suddenly to the chair she used to lie on, but it’s only a cushion that’s caught my eye.
I feel your pain over the loss of Bubble, didn’t think pets could get you like his!

bestbooties:
I think we are all softies over our pets.
We had a lovely cat walked in several years ago, clean, well looked after, decided she wanted to stay with us.
After asking around and putting an add in he paper shop, no one came forward to claim her so she stayed.
Took her to the vets for a check up and she was estimated to be about 8 years old.
We had her for 15years before she started to become incontinent and lose control of her legs.
Cats know when the end is near, and will usually go away and find a place to die.
Every time our Katie went to the vets, it was a fight to get her into her travel box, then at the vets it was a fight to get her out.
I had asked the vet when will I know he’s had enough, and the vet just said, you will know.
The last few days we had been spoon feeding her, but came the morning when she couldn’t stand up I knew that the time had come.
I carried her round the garden where she used to roam and whispered in her ear, and although she had ceased to be vocal some weeks earlier, she meowed to me, she knew what was happening, and I wept.
She struggled into her travel box and was no trouble getting out at the vets, she knew what she’d come for. they wrapped her in a towel, shaved some hair from her paw and gave he an injection, a nurse taking her pulse said within 10 seconds she was gone.
We’d had her for 15 years, so she was about 22 when she left us, but what a hole it left in our lives. She was not just a cat or a pet, she was one of the family.
Even now after she’s been gone over two years we still miss her to bits. When sitting in our living room some evenings, something in the corner of my eye makes me turn suddenly to the chair she used to lie on, but it’s only a cushion that’s caught my eye.
I feel your pain over the loss of Bubble, didn’t think pets could get you like his!

Bloody Hell Mate, I’m welling up reading that [emoji22][emoji80]

I feel for you, losing a pet is bad news

Paul

Thank you all for your kind words and stories; they are helping.

I hadn’t realised but my wife reminds me that Bubble had actually spent two winters sleeping in a cardboard box in the shed and not letting anyone near her, but just eating the food put out. She eventually trusted enough to come in the house for short periods until she finally let Lulu stroke her. My wife has been unable to work for many years so the cat had been her constant companion day in, day out.

We had taken her to the vet for the third or fourth time mid-week because she was due for blood tests and were hoping that a steroid injection might persuade her to start eating more again since they had done so before. This was not to be and by Sunday night she was sleeping a lot of the time, sniffing food but doing no more than just the merest lick and then making off again to hide. The steroid had been giving her energy but this time her attempt to run up the stairs failed and slipping, she couldn’t make it more than half way, leaving me to carry her the rest of the way. After a more peaceful night for her, nuzzled up between us on the top of the bed, she was very wobbly on her feet and staggering to walk. An hour or so later she was clearly worse, she had now been refusing water since the previous evening as well and when she let out a loud plaintive meiow because was having trouble weeing I rang the vet and asked for him to come and put her to sleep at home.

This was difficult because Lulu was really struggling with the idea, having been hoping for a peaceful natural end. Sadly although very weak and being held gently but firmly by the nurse the little cat struggled to get away when the needle was put in her leg. It was seeing this happen that has so upset Lulu.

The house is too big for us now so in time we shall move, the thought of burying Bubble in the garden and then having to leave her for someone else to dig up one day, decided us that she should be cremated and I suppose I am pleased to say that she is back with us again in some way. Some may think this cranky, but it will allow us the choice of what to do later.

For those who have cats and I believe dogs as well, please be aware of thyroidism and kidney disease. It is not often detected until 70% of the kidney function has been lost. If your pet seems to be drinking a lot more than you thought it normally did, or looks a bit thin investigate and take it to the vet. Bubble had lost 1/2 her body weight, she was only about the weight of a bag and a half of sugar.

Thank you all once again.

This was Bubble, only a few weeks ago :