Eyes again!

I have related on here a short time ago that I had cataract operations to both eyes during last year which restored my vision to reach the new standard required by the DVLA.
I went for another eyesight test last month at Specsavers prior to my D4 medical and I only just passed!
The reason apparently is that although you cannot get a cataract in the new lens fitted in your eye because it’s plastic, the sac in your eye where the lens is located can become thickened, so giving the sympton of a cataract again.
With new specs I made the eyesight requirement OK, but the young lady at Specsavers referred me for laser surgery which will cure the problem, hopefully permanently.
Considering I only had the eye test a month ago, I had a 'phone call yesterday from a local private clinic asking if I could go in tomorrow for the treatment!
So this time tomorrow I shall be reporting in for treatment, I’ll let you know how it goes.

The clinic emailed me a confirmation of my appointment and a couple of questionaires to fill in before I turn up.
Two of the questions are:
What is your ■■■■■■ orientation?
And:
Have you had gender reassignment?

I was preparing to answer the first question with:
I prefer my partner on top!.
When mum saw this she said she had plans meaning I could answer “Yes” to the second question!

Just back from the eye clinic, how easy is that then? Took longer for the eye drops to work to dilate my pupils, then this gorgeous totty sits me in front of this table with this small device on, put a device in my eye to keep it open, asked me to look at the bright light, then a few clicking noises as the laser zapped my lens membrane and it was all over, less than a minute! Never felt a thing.
Then gave me an appointment in four weeks to have the other eye done.

Hope all goes well for you Ian… Tony

Had the laser treatment for my other eye last week, then got my licence back on Tuesday.
Next day I got a letter from the DVLA telling me that I had to fill in a D4 every five years after I’m 45? I’m turned 72 FFS and have been having an annual medical for the last seven years!

Hi Ian… Got my eyesight test next Wednesday…Ithink Should be no problems but we will see Take care …Tony

Hi Ian… Just got back from opticians, all good…now all down to pen pushers at DVLA…Tony

Good news, keep on truckin’ dude!

Hi mate. I had my cataract taken out of my right eye 2 week ago and it was a success. I can see the 2nd off the bottom line on the letter chart where as before it was just a cloud. Also my eyesight over long distance in my right eye has improved dramatically due to the fact the lens they put in is to help you see over long distances better.
They said I’ll have to go for an eye test in 3 week and also I may need glasses to read with and the ones I have for driving will have to be replaced with ones that have plastic lenses in. I informed the DVLA about my cataract about 6 week ago and heard nothing yet (I know how long they take to investigate things through experience) but what I am dreading is them sending the letter saying they are revoking my HGV entitlement before I have the eye test done and then me having to go through the same rigmarole as last time when I had a detached retina where it took 6 month to sort out.
Through you’re experience with them with your cataract are they more inclined to let you keep your entitlement because obviously once the cataract is removed your eyesight should be almost or as good as before the cataract started? Thanks.

I never told the DVLA about my cataracts, on my previous D4 the optician had made the remark on the form that I had cataracts but still met the standard.
I then had one cataract done before my medical and the optician stated that I then had a cataract in one eye only, but met the then new standard.
I then had the other eye done, and by the time my next medical was due, I had got thickening of the membrane which holds the new lens in place, the optician stated this on my D4 and said I had been referred for laser treatment. but I still met the eyesight standard.
I have since had laser treatment on both eyes and at my next medical, (Next June), I hope to get a pass.
At no time have I informed the DVLA of ANYTHING, if it ain’t on the D4, let them make their own enquiries!