My health kick

About 6 weeks ago, when I tipped the bathroom scales at over 16 stone, I thought enough was enough. The kids were slapping my stomach and calling me tubby, I had finally had enough. A brand new gym opened in Harlow, pure gym. £10.99 a month, so I signed up. I have been going 4 times a week, doing 10 miles on exercise bikes every time. I’m lifting over 50 kilos, have now got a good shape to my arms and chest, and now weigh 14st 8. It’s a long road and I’ve hardly taken a step, but I’m focused and determined. I’ve still got the gut to shift, but my face is a lot slimmer. I changed my eating habits too. Cut out the greggs and maccy d’s brekkie. Now its just scrambled egg on brown toast. Chicken breast and salad for dinner, tuna salad for lunch. No snacking. Changed the lattes for black coffee and went cold turkey on sugar. If I can do it, anyone can. You only get one go at life, don’t abuse it

Good luck with it. I’m in the same boat been off work for 4 months now and the pounds go on so easy but not so to get rid of. So it’s time to change the eating habits and walk the dogs more.

I’m starting on meal replacemt drinks next Monday,I’ve already bought my food for this week,gonna see how it goes with one for breakfast and dinner then a “normal” evening meal.
Ordered a 2.5kg tub of Matrix stuff yesterday,read a lot of reviews beforehand and seems to be good stuff,I’m 14st now want to get back to 12 stone…I became very good at buying crap to eat all the time,already member of the gym here but seriously lack motivation this matrix stuff contains energy “stuff” so hopefully it’ll push me back to the gym.

What’s Matrix stuff?

Can’t say I envy that diet ckm. I think I would be too Hank Marvin.

Goldilox:
What’s Matrix stuff?

Can’t say I envy that diet ckm. I think I would be too Hank Marvin.

It’s basically like a protein shake but more aimed at weight loss,Matrix is just the brand name that was recommend to me.
I eat little anyway normally fruit for breakfast then cereal for dinner when I’m at work then whatever the wife cooks for tea but this meal replacement stuff may just push on my weight loss which can seems to have stalled a bit,it may or may not work as I’ve never tried it before.

OIC, well good luck with that and let us know how you get on , and you too Ovlov.

How is the cold turkey with the cutting out sugar in your coffee? I just can’t bring myself to do that, although I went from 1 heaped sugar in my tea down to just over a half spoon and even then, that took me a year to ‘acclimatize’ myself to :smiley:

The cold turkey went surprisingly well. Someone got me a klix coffee with sugar last week, and I had to chuck it. The first 4 or 5 were the hardest. Cold turkey is the best way in my opinion

If you can replace the coffee with green tea it can help as well

Eat “clean” which means cut out sugar wheat pasta cheese rice flour etc loads of fresh fruit veg chicken fish

Look it up

So one week on, we can have the grand weigh in.

I reckon it’s about 80% what you put in your mouth and 20% exercise.

How did you get along with the Matrix cmkm? It will be your 2nd day on it? To want to get down to 12 stone would be quite slim/skinny wouldn’t it…

It’s working very well,I have one before I leave for work which is generally 3am or there about then another around 11ish depending when I stop for my break.
It’s the first times I’ve ever tried anything like this and tbh I’m surprised at its effectiveness,it’s a very good hunger suppressant as I seem to be going 6 or so hours after having a shake before I start feeling hungry and it does seem to make me feel more energetic in the morning but whether that’s down to not eating junk food that makes you lethargic or the Matrix I couldn’t say exactly.

I started on it on Friday last week,weighed at the start 13st 11 I’ve just weighed myself and it’s showing 13st 5 and 3/4 so it looks to be working obviously the rate of weight loss will slow down as time goes on.

I’m taking one shake in the morning,one at lunch time(lunch time is early because I’m awake at 3ish so around 11)then having a “normal” tea but cutting down slightly on portion size,oh and drinking at least 1.5 litres of water a day your body NEEDS to be hydrated to lose weight.

For the Matrix product itself I have to say I am pleasantly surprised how it keeps the hunger at bay,you can quite comfortably get to tea time having only consumed 360 calories which is 2xshakes @ 180 each,and it also contains green tea extract which is a proven fat burner,I have a quite physical job aside from the driving aspect which involves 10-15 drops a day in cages so if the product was not helping I’d of probably passed out with hunger by 9am lol
This is the stuff I’m using…
pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi … ID=EBAY-GB
£25 may seem a lot but you’d spend that in a week at butter vans ect,this will cover 2 meals per day for 25 days,50 servings per tub.

12 stone for me will be slim yes as I’m 5ft10 but it’s what I was for many years as i played a lot of football and did kickboxing but diving trucks put a stop to kickboxing due to late classes at night and I only get to play 5 aside football now but it’s a hour excercise I suppose.
That’s my review done :smiley:

Thank you for sharing your experiences to the group ckm, :wink: :smiley:

Well you sound as though you have it well and truly sorted without any serious hunger issues, etc. Going 6 hours without a ‘meal’ of sorts would be a very long time for me. 4 to 4.5 hours is my normal limit but 5 to 6 hours without food would make me quite uncomfortable indeed…and has done :imp:

Now, to stave off hunger, or to keep me going , I will eat a medium sized banana, and eat a few each week. To be honest they don’t fill you up for that long and also I heard on the radio a few weeks ago that bananas were indeed Satan’s chocolate! wtf! So anyway, I buy small ones now, just in case that rumour is true!
This afternoon I had some vacuum packed mackerel which all that was needed was 12 minutes under the grill, peasy. Now all I can say is that it was tolerable, although the best before date was today in fact. Maybe it would have tasted better if I had it yesterday. It was quite oily and I really wanted to have a swiggle of full fat milk to take the taste away, but I resisted. So it will be chicken next week and salmon and perhaps cucumber the week after. I drink lots of tea but no water.
So you have 5 more pounds to lose?? I bet you could do that in 10 days maximum.

And, Ovlov J - how are you doing with your health kick?

Just realised I put 12st 5 when it should of been 13st 5 :blush: ,I haven’t lost a stone and a half in a week :smiley:
Edited my other post for accuracy,

Can I start when this plaster comes off as will probably need it by then

Started on the 7th of July, 16st 2lb, 29th August 14st 9lb. Lifting 50kgs on most weights now so I’m happy with the progress

As of tomorrow I start.
Tonight I am purging the fridge of beer then thats it.

I am 50 in October and 5’9" and usually just over 13 stone, a few years ago I hit 15 stone when in an office job (spit). I have let go a bit recently and just had two weeks off and I am now over 13.5 stone which I feel every once is like a ton, the Mrs and myself like the good fresh food and good living over flash cars and the like and in just over two weeks I have banged half a stone on, she wont tell me her weight :laughing:

I am very lucky and if I cut out drinking ( I only drink Friday and Saturday usually) and snacks I can loose weight very easily but I want to get fit too.
15 years ago I climbed the Matterhorn and used to run up and down mountains in North Wales for fun :open_mouth: , this would kill me now.

The unhealthy feeling is horrible, I am actually looking forward to getting motivated in work on Tuesday (I know :blush: )
So for a month at least no ale and the sit up bench and rather light weights are out (the lads)
Time for a tone.
Good luck to all getting healthy :sunglasses:

My ‘health kick’ is coming to an end now - more of a health tickle. Had a lovely ‘taste the difference’ bacon sandwich earlier on; the first in about 6 months I hasten to add. Will have a nice longish walk by the river this later this aft and take some water instead of Fanta. I’m back down to 8 stone 7 after putting 4 or 5 pounds on over last winter/spring.

How are others getting along who have posted on this topic? :slight_smile:

Goldilox:
My ‘health kick’ is coming to an end now - more of a health tickle. Had a lovely ‘taste the difference’ bacon sandwich earlier on; the first in about 6 months I hasten to add. Will have a nice longish walk by the river this later this aft and take some water instead of Fanta. I’m back down to 8 stone 7 after putting 4 or 5 pounds on over last winter/spring.

How are others getting along who have posted on this topic? :slight_smile:

You either very slim or not that tall as I am not far behind in the weight but I am not that tall 147 cm

158 cm here. I suppose if I lost another 3 to 4 pounds I would be considered slim. I needed to lose those few pounds otherwise I would be having to buy clothes another size up.

lost 41 Kilo in 5 Month with Aerobic.

I started @ 13st 10 in early August,now down to 11st 11.