The law

i got handed a harassment order to stop me phoning my children as my ex took exception to any contact. Couple of weeks ago it was my eldest 21st and engagement so through anger and frustration rang the house. Got arrested on Friday held for 13 hours and bailed till 29th July. Possibility of jail

Minger:
i got handed a harassment order to stop me phoning my children as my ex took exception to any contact. Couple of weeks ago it was my eldest 21st and engagement so through anger and frustration rang the house. Got arrested on Friday held for 13 hours and bailed till 29th July. Possibility of jail

Why did you not ring the mobile of the 21 year old and save yourself the hassle ?

Because I don’t have her mobile

Maybe send a card instead?

Facebook? Give your mobile number to a relative to give to them?

So many ways which wouldn’t have involved prison. Anyway does such an order still apply to someone over 18 or was it just from phoning their family home?

Clicked on title as I thought it may have something to do with trucks/Tacho’s etc.

Is their not a different section for this stuff ?.

Just saying like…

All Relatives on my side have been effectively Been ostrasised so no way of contacting and in the past letters sent to the kids were opened and kept by ex

Minger:

What has this posting got to do with Transport,try one of the Agony Aunts in the papers or Jeremy Kyle

lolipop:
What has this posting got to do with Transport,try one of the Agony Aunts in the papers or Jeremy Kyle

Judging by the rates of divorce in the job there’s probably a few people with first hand experience so could offer advice/empathy.

nothing to do with transport but maybe minger just needed to let off a bit of steam to others who know him on here,cant slate him for that

Unlikely you will do bird for that Minger. Try not to worry.

Women can be very bitter and vengeful. Now you have been arrested for it, DO NOT contact the house again. All that will happen is that you will be made out to be ’ someone who cannot control themselves ’ in any court proceedings.

Keep cool mate.

Jesus wept, i can’t believe posts questioning what this has to do with transport…it’ll get moved into Billy’s i have no doubt in due course, if you don’t want to read it don’t.

He’s yet another working bloke getting kicked in the bollox by his ex with the law aiding and abetting the hell he’s finding himself in…who’s at fault for the split up is irrelevant, the bloke needs to be in contact with his kids, unless they, by their own free will, break contact.
Good use of coppers time that :unamused: , removing that dangerous dad from the streets in case he makes a phone call to his kids…Christ on a bike you couldn’t make it up.

I’ve seen the results of this sort of thing first hand over my time, with both men and in a couple of cases women being ostracised and their children bamboozled into not knowing their absent mother or father, it’s bloody devastating for the poor sod.

Give the bloke a break, and pray that you never find yourself in this heartbreaking boat yourself.

Bets of luck Minger.

Excellent post Juddian.

I dunno about that Eagerbeaver, just sometimes the lack of empathy here to other ordinary working blokes just like you and me getting kicked when they’re already on the bloody ground ■■■■■■ me off…

I can empathise with Minger, not divorced myself bit my Brother in Law is going through similar. His wife (Czech national) just upped and left with their two boys and went to a refuge in Slough (she should’ve been nicked for child cruelty in that alone). She told all sorts of lies that husband is financially controlling and wont let her spend any money-which they don’t have in the first place. Thankfully the courts are starting to see through her story changes and the fact she’ll only hear what she wants to has wound up several solicitors.
Hopefully they’ll see her as just another immigrant after a free council house, which she is hoping for (she’s put this in some statement that she thinks she’s a deserving case when she’s never worked full time lazy cow.)

This job can and does take its toll on family life. As you rightly say, a lack of empathy. We don’t know the OP’s personal circumstances and don’t really need to as its not our business, but hopefully his children are aware of the efforts he is going to, and a good relationship with his children will happen.

There seems to be a lot of ’ hero’s ’ on here who spout off, but everyone has their demon’s and a little support for our fellow drivers doesn’t go amiss IMO.

Juddian:
I dunno about that Eagerbeaver, just sometimes the lack of empathy here .

Surely in that case it’s the job of the 21 year old adult in question to be helping her father more than anyone on here possibly could in that regard. :bulb: :confused:

Try to remember that one day you’ll be the other side of this mess and, most likely, you won’t even bother to remember all of the horrid details that are so frustrating about right now. And if you play it sensible, you’ll get what you want, in the end. It may just take a couple of years, but your kids will probably be okay with you, and they will form their own opinions of you. We know the system is rotten, but you can’t change it. At the moment, you just have to take it. There will be a future. It is unwritten, but it does depend on how you conduct yourself now.

At 21 they ain’t kids so what’s the problem ? Is it your ex or your kids ?

Actually sometimes these injunctions don’t lapse when the child becomes an adult. A father was locked up for contempt a few years ago for posting a happy birthday message on his son’s FB, because an injunction had been issued that he not discuss his children in public, which was issued while the son was underage but persisted after he became an adult.