Gluten Free

Hi all. Was a silent member for a long time but forgot my log in details. I have been struggling with IBS and have found that a Gluten-Free diet helps me hugely. I have just got a new job tramping on a tanker and I am wondering how I am going go manage with my diet requirements. Are there any other gluten free drivers out there?

Hi M, I am gluten and lactose free. Not that many nights out for me at the moment, and bring my own food anyway. If you are tramping, Tesco have a decent selection of gluten free food. Waitrose is best, but you can expect to pay a bit more.
My advice to you would be just to forget about bread and cakes! I know it sounds like the end of the world, but before you know it, your tastes will change.
Just eat fresh clean food. You will feel even better. I do have a taste for meta flakes from tesco for breakfast, would recommend them with almond milk and a bit of honey. :slight_smile:

been GF for more than25yrs and aye it was hard tae start but wi the like o Tesco doing gf food it has become easier . as im no in the uk now I don’t know about where and who does gf meals BUT one o the best I came across was the café on Kingston industrial estate at Carlisle did pies an mash etc all gf food as well as normal.
what about the fresh baked bread and make your own snap up wi fresh meat,veg.remember most beer is a no go! I find coors light is acceptable for ME…gf lager is available but I would rather lick my boots :smiley: .
REMEMBER GF food contains more stodge etc than normal food ,with all that brings,(bone density),sugar levels are higher.(this from my doctor when he found out the length o time I have been gf.) james.

Cheers, I thought eating from the truckstops would be a no-no. I’ll just need to find a handy superstore on my travels as I don’t think I’ll can take enough for the week. I love pasta and rice, so need to find a way of working them into my week. I know they say fresh pasta is okay, don’t know about rice. I’m determined to make it work.

M8whrr:
Cheers, I thought eating from the truckstops would be a no-no. I’ll just need to find a handy superstore on my travels as I don’t think I’ll can take enough for the week. I love pasta and rice, so need to find a way of working them into my week. I know they say fresh pasta is okay, don’t know about rice. I’m determined to make it work.

Have a google for Celiac diets / recipies etc etc.

A friend of mine has Celiac disease, so gluten = internal bleeding :open_mouth:

If you want to go out for a meal with the family/friends some time, Wagamama are apparently the kings of gluten free.

Costa coffee places do a gf wrap…and M&S simply foods sometimes have sarnies. All off which are more and more in services. Get GF pasta. I find asda the best for cooking

Loads of G/F stuff available now most shops have some in you just have to look & think a bit more have done g/f diet before not that hard when stop think about it look to see what you can eat not what you can’t