Hositals, doctors , and midwifes

as the titles suggests i sick to the back teeth of the lot of them.

my missus is now 42 weeks pregnant im sick of and so is she for weeks ive been saying look on the bright side of things enjoy your last few weeks of pregnacy cos they will be your last but no … they have dragged on and i mean dragged on for another 2 weeks.
she was due on mon 27th june and its now 7th july and still no sign.
all along clares midwife has said as she had a caesarian last time this time they wont leave it so long because of pressure on the scar. we went to an appiontment last tues to get started and was told
“whoever told you that was wrong”
now thats a statement im sick of hearing cos everytime we go for a scan or to the midwife we get told something differant and im sick of their couldnt care less attitude.
now we have been told that this sunday is d day and at 3 pm my wife clare has to phone the hospital to tell her what time to come to be started… now i know that when she rings she will get some numpty that wont even know she is booked in :imp: :imp: :imp:

on top of it all ive had the past 2weeks off waiting for baby #2 to arrive and cant afford another week off so now im only going to have 1 day with baby before i have to go to work.

Sounds a bit of a rough time you two are having JD it will be worth it in the end. when we had our Al 15 years ago the midwife was a right moody sod.

I wish i had that problem 6 years ago.

My wifes water broke 12 weeks early, so when we got to the hospital they said they wanted the baby to grow in the womb as much as possible which meant my wife could not move and was stuck in a hospital bed for 6 weeks with no movement unless supervised, toilet ,bath, eating etc etc.

She could do nothing unless aided, then finally my son was born by ceasarean section 6 weeks early, just before he was born they took us down to the premature baby ward where we saw all the babies thats were 2lb in weight with pipes and monitors all over them babies the size of a bag of sugar, very very scary and left me in tears.

My son was born 6 weeks early and immediately ended up in an incubator and within an hour he was at a different hospital 25 miles away, my wife didnt see him for 2 days as they couldnt move her so i had to go to one hospital and then to the other and then back again, finally they moved her to the same one he was in, then they moved them both back to the original hospital.

FInally we got to take him home no instruction book or lessons on how to use this little thing and also having to help my missus in and out of the bath for a few weeks until her scar had healed up.

I just got his school report yesterday and hes top of the class in everything apart from his handwriting hes mixing his caps and small letters tOgEtHeR, he done his first spelling test and scored top of the class with 23/30 they are having to borrow books from the year above as he has read all the ones for his age, the teacher says his hand is up first every time they ask an arithmetic question, and in September he goes in to the higher educational class of his year.

A proud father YOU BET I AM after the bad start he got in life he seems to be doing very very well.

bloody hell jammy thats was bad luck but im glad everything worked out well.
makes me feel loads better.
clare is going in tonight at 6pm to get started on some gel they use. so the end is in sight. :laughing:

JD with my second she went in about a week late and they used that gel stuff to start her off 30 minutes later after watching countdown and getting very excited because i got a 9 letter word out she popped, it looked very easy compared to the first one.

jammymutt:
JD with my second she went in about a week late and they used that gel stuff to start her off 30 minutes later after watching countdown and getting very excited because i got a 9 letter word out she popped, it looked very easy compared to the first one.

Not being a Father, I am very interested in this story!

What was the 9 letter word?

Expulsion :slight_smile::).

Wheel Nut:
Not being a Father, I am very interested in this story!

What was the 9 letter word?

well latest is ive just got back from the hospital and clare is on the delivery suite she has had her gel is now waiting for action!!!
the midwife who was very nice put clare on a monitor for the baby’s heartbeat and its was going great and she said “no wonder she dosen’t want to come out she sounds really comfy” !!!
they fully expect her to last over till tomorrow we will see then.

plenty of time for me to stay on the computer without getting a bollocking. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

well she’s had it and what a job it was to. she started her contractions sunday at 10ish on monday morning i phoned the hospital and they said she had a bad night so at 730am they had given her petehdeen so she could sleep so i went up at 10.30 am monday and at lunch she was examined and she was 1cm dilated and she had epidural so she could hardley feel the contractions anyway they said baby should make an apperance about midnight :unamused: :unamused:
she was examined at 18.30 and we were told that she was fully dilated at 10cm so they would start at 19.00.
they started at 7 on the dot and baby louise was born at 19.50 weighing a whopping 9LB 14OZ.
louise’s head was all squashed and brusied to start with but after an hour she was ok the midwifes said that this was normal as she was pushed about on the way out.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

this is clare yesterday when admitted very nervous and scared.

me the happy father

and baby louise glad to be out.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

congratulations to you all

pam

Congratulations :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Congratulations :smiley:

Congratulations…and welcome to the Sleepless Nights Again Club…shall we have a sweepstake on which of us does the first night out? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, she looks like a keeper to me…well done Mum (and Dad)! :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:

congrats to you all

thanks everyone. she came home yesterday lunchtime and has slept most of the time we even had to wake her up to feed her last night.

SHE EVEN SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

All the best mate try and keeop her on draught its better for her and you wont have to get up in the middle of the night to feed her :slight_smile::):):):).