Prostate test (psa)

A very good idea at any age but more so if you’re approaching 50 yrs of age as I am, don’t delay do it straight away.

Anyone had the test ?

bald bloke:
A very good idea at any age but more so if you’re approaching 50 yrs of age as I am, don’t delay do it straight away.

Anyone had the test ?

Being diabetic I have to have a blood test every 6 months and among the things checked in addition to blood/sugar, I ask for a PSA test, which only requires another tube of blood when the nurse is taking your sample.
The doctor told me that this blood test for PSA is NOT conclusive, but it wont do any harm, the only real test is the rubber glove jobby which I’ve had anyway, it takes only seconds and is not uncomfortable.
We all know that 5 a day is good for you and some fruit juices especially so.
Some years ago I heard that pomegranate juice was particularly good at preventing prostate cancer.
So every morning I have a glass of red grape, pomegranate and blackcurrant juice, (I get mine at M&S).
I don’t know that it works, but I’ve been drinking this stuff for about five years and I’ve no symptons of prostate cancer, yet, and I’m coming up for 72.

yes had the rubber glove treatment and also the camera down my bellend just to make sure . both worth the discomfort they cause just to makes sure there is nothing to cause you even more discomfort lurking

My first was 3.9 that was about a month ago having another in 4 weeks to see if it’s changed, had finger up the arsenal it’s definitely enlarged but otherwise felt normal.

If psa count still high then perhaps a biopsy is the next step but funny thing is I have no symptoms what so ever or history in the family.

Well worth having the test as if I have something it’s about as earlier as it could have been caught.

bald bloke:
had finger up the arsenal it’s definitely enlarged but otherwise felt normal.

I know I know but I cant resist it… use a smaller finger :wink:

nick2008:

bald bloke:
had finger up the arsenal it’s definitely enlarged but otherwise felt normal.

I know I know but I cant resist it… use a smaller finger :wink:

Well the big finger must have worked as I needed a turn out as soon as I left the consultant’s room !!

bugger the big fingers , my consultant was a great big coloured bloke with hands like shovels , made me eyes water i’ll tell you . don’t fancy the camera up there , with my luck i’ll probably get gordon buchanan .

bald bloke:
My first was 3.9 that was about a month ago having another in 4 weeks to see if it’s changed, had finger up the arsenal it’s definitely enlarged but otherwise felt normal.

If psa count still high then perhaps a biopsy is the next step but funny thing is I have no symptoms what so ever or history in the family.

Well worth having the test as if I have something it’s about as earlier as it could have been caught.

Just had another psa test and up to 4.1 now so off to see the consultant next week to see what the next step is.