type1 diabetes

does anybody on here drive a lgv with this?? I am insulin dependant and yesterday I was told by my consultant I meet the criteria to re apply for my 7.5t licence which I held previously. however is this the largest vehicle I can drive or would I be able to apply to drive larger vehicles than this once I have this licence ■■?

Glynnbob:
does anybody on here drive a lgv with this?? I am insulin dependant and yesterday I was told by my consultant I meet the criteria to re apply for my 7.5t licence which I held previously. however is this the largest vehicle I can drive or would I be able to apply to drive larger vehicles than this once I have this licence ■■?

you can drive class one/ 44 tonne on insulin. Big thing in the mags :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

Glynnbob:

you can drive class one/ 44 tonne on insulin. Big thing in the mags :grimacing:

cheers pal done a lot of internet searching today and yeah i can although quite a few hoops to jump through!!!

I always thought sugar diabetes was a welsh boxer??

dieseldog999:

there is time to take the micky an time to not ,I have have it,and it it is not good ,and if you are a driver its worse,think about it :frowning:

dieseldog999:

really hope you never get this mate ive had this ten years in august and its horrible and life changing.

Glynnbob I have until recently had to jump through the DVLA hoops but due to making some life style changes I no longer need insulin. Not much good for you but don’t give up as it really gives you a smile when that licence drops through the letter box. :smiley:

no personal reference intended there…only a bit of lightheartedness…same as in most humour

dieseldog999:
no personal reference intended there…only a bit of lightheartedness…same as in most humour

nice one :smiley:

I am type 2 diabetic but am insulin dependent. My licence was revoked but I fought and had it re-instated. There are a lot of hoops to jump through but if you go about it the right way it should be fine.

1. Make sure that you have 3 complete months meter readings immediately prior to seeing the DVLA consultant - (although technically the requirement for 3 months readings is not in legislation and is only advice from the government panel)
  2. You should have no readings under 4
  3. Make sure that you know the answers to the questions that the consultant will ask by heart - they are the same questions that are on the form your GP has to fill in, eg how often you should test etc
  4. Be aware that they class night time hypos the same as day time ones

If your readings are above 4, no hypos, you have 3 months worth and you answer the questions they have no basis to refuse the licence.

If you already have a lgv licence and DVLA have revoked it then they will pay for both the GP and consultants examination.
Be prepared to travel to see the DVLA consultant though as there are only 55 in the whole country.

Hi all,

We’re casting for a new BBC One Health Television Series looking for families who wish to improve their health and make a positive change to their lives. It would include a full health MOT and the undivided attention of a doctor over the course of a month, his knowledge and expertise at you and your family’s disposal.

If anyone is interested please do get in contact.

Many thanks,

Lizzie
email: lizzie.horton@studiolambert.com
tel: 0203 040 6909
Casting Researcher | Studio Lambert | Doctor in the House