Sick Pay Insurance

I am not one of these blokes who has a day off sick at a drop of a hat,however my company like many only pays ssp.I am thinking if I have an illness that keeps me off work for a month or two I would be shafted financially .I know Unite do a driver care insurance but is anyone aware of a sick cover insurance? Thanks

I too don’t get sick pay and several years ago I looked into it but there’s lots of pro’s and con’s and you really need to read the small print then read it again. Just try and put money into some kind of savings account and save that for your sick pay should you need it.

I suppose I’m kind of lucky now as kids growning up and mortgage getting smaller so do have something to fall back on.

Take a look here fella,I highly recommend them…
www.helpyoucover.co.uk
You can cover upto 80% of your monthly wage to pay out in the event of accident,sickness or unemployment.
Me and the wife both have a policy and when the wife got made redundant they paid out the £640 a month cover for a total of 10 months with no fuss as it took her this long to find another job that worked around us and our sons childcare.
I pay around £25pm for a £850pm policy with them.

Thanks for the info ckm checking it out now Have a good weekend

Brig:
Thanks for the info ckm checking it out now Have a good weekend

No problem fella,I’ve never had to make a claim myself but for the sake of less than £1 a day it’s nice to have peace of mind.