DVLA Treadmill ECG

Just been reading about the traumas of dealing with the DVLA on here.
Applied for my licence in september ,licence ran out October 25th, then heard nothing until December 6th when a letter arrived saying to book a appointment for a treadmill ECG,which i duly did and went for yesterday,which i sailed through i thought, then the cardiologist said i have only just passed by 2% which was a shock for me as i found the test hard work but did it easily.
The test as below for anyone interested.
The test was 9 minutes long altogether, 3 minutes as a steady walking pace, 3 minutes at a fast walk then for the final 3 minutes at about 7 mph with increasing gradient,i wish i had asked the cardiologist more, as the only thing he said was that i had passed the DVLA test by 2%, anyone one know what happens next , will i get my 5 years licence or a less one i,m 61 y o.
Klunk

klunk/■■■■■■■■
Just been reading about the traumas of dealing with the DVLA on here.
Applied for my licence in september ,licence ran out October 25th, then heard nothing until December 6th when a letter arrived saying to book a appointment for a treadmill ECG,which i duly did and went for yesterday,which i sailed through i thought, then the cardiologist said i have only just passed by 2% which was a shock for me as i found the test hard work but did it easily.
The test as below for anyone interested.
The test was 9 minutes long altogether, 3 minutes as a steady walking pace, 3 minutes at a fast walk then for the final 3 minutes at about 7 mph with increasing gradient,i wish i had asked the cardiologist more, as the only thing he said was that i had passed the DVLA test by 2%, anyone one know what happens next , will i get my 5 years licence or a less one i,m 61 y o.
Klunk

same as mine was and got it back for 3 years

Cheers for that scotstrucker thats what i was thinking.
Don,t think the DVLA want anyone over 60 to drive ,so why have i had to do this test as i have never had any heart problems or high blood pressure, but i have type 2 diabetes.
Klunk

klunk/■■■■■■■■
Cheers for that scotstrucker thats what i was thinking.
Don,t think the DVLA want anyone over 60 to drive ,so why have i had to do this test as i have never had any heart problems or high blood pressure, but i have type 2 diabetes.
Klunk

i,v to do it cause i had heart attack in 09, the dvla are a law unto themselves and dont be suprised if it takes em 3 months to let you know how long you get it back for

got me ticket back for 3 years but didnt ave to t/mill. stress echo, did allright. ad five stents in . paper work in oct 8/nov 21 back on me door mat. so i was lucky, dont think i well do for much longer, might down size to 7/half. all the beat for year :wink: