License revoked

Is anyone familiar with the eyesight test on the D4 form ? question 9 reads…does the applicant on questioning report symptoms intolerance to glare and/or impaired contrast sensitivity and/or impaired twilight vision…the optician did question me and asked do I suffer from glare which I said probably as much as anybody else it doesn’t affect my sight in any way,there was no mention of contrast sensitivity or impaired vision of any sort ( will say that I didn’t know what question 9 was at this point so thought it was just about glare ). Needless to say the lovely people at DVLA have revoked my license because of question 9,obviously they’ve taken action on the word “impaired” it’s big thing regarding eyesight.
Now I’m not blaming the optician but feel there was a slight breakdown in communication between her and me and how the DVLA have interpreted the question.So I guess what I’m going to ask is,will my car license also be revoked or just the hgv license? And if I take the eye test again (can I use the same optician)and answer the question no this time will this go down well with DVLA medical dept? Or indeed what will the course of action I need to take?

Sorry I forgot to mention that I haven’t received the letter from DVLA yet so that’s why I asked about car license. It was while I was registering with an agency and them doing a license check that the nice lady from DVLA told me I was having it revoked

HI, similar to you I have just had my hgv1 revoked by the dvla for a period of 12mth after I suffered a TIA [ warning of a stroke or heart attack ] on the 12.10 2014. the letter was dated 9.12,2014 meaning I am suspended for 14mths. very hard to swallow after holding a clean brief for 42yrs especially when GP & Consultant have given me a 100% clean bill of health. still might be a good time to hang up my log book after many Ms of miles. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I understand they have a job to do especially regarding hgv’s but there seems to be no grey areas with them,it’s their way or no way.Even considering the supposed lack of drivers there is and what that means to the economy of this country ( yeh bit off topic ) they’re a law unto themselves. Surely an optometrist/doctors/consultants fit to drive recommendation should suffice after all they are the ones who have literally seen and tested you are well enough to have a license.

The “bigwigs” at the dvla medical dept are certainly a law unto themselves. Been fighting them since the end of August when I was given the all clear from my neuro consultant.
The people there that you speak to on the phone are often helpful and quite understanding, but the faceless and spineless ruling body are a pathetic joke who have no concept of the real world, and have no idea or even care on the impact their decisions may have on your life, they really are a disgrace!

chilistrucker:
The “bigwigs” at the dvla medical dept are certainly a law unto themselves. Been fighting them since the end of August when I was given the all clear from my neuro consultant.
The people there that you speak to on the phone are often helpful and quite understanding, but the faceless and spineless ruling body are a pathetic joke who have no concept of the real world, and have no idea or even care on the impact their decisions may have on your life, they really are a disgrace!

Yep that just about sums them up. Also an update to my first post is that I’m allowed to drive upto 7.5 t until this is sorted