Proudest moment of my life

I became a dad for the first time yesterday morning at 12:37 to a beautiful baby girl. Millie-Grace Vanessa O’Brien came into the world weighing 6 pound 11 ounce and both mum and baby are doing fine.
To be there for the birth must be one of the most rewarding and unforgettable experiences I’ll ever have and I must say a big thank you to my company who have been fantastic and kept me local this past week and got me back when my partner rang to say her waters had broke. Now it’s 2 week perternity where I learn how to change nappies, give her a feed, learn how to be a dad and how to live on about 5 hours kip a day :laughing:

congratulations Steve :slight_smile:

congratulations steve

Congratulations Steve. A nice weight for mum to deliver :wink: My second is due on New Years Day, so a cheap bar bill this Christmas (at least Paternity time coincides with the builders/quarry shutdown).
Now for the serious questions which need serious answers…
Did she arrive on time?
Was she booked in?
Are you still waiting for the paperwork? :laughing:

Congrat’s Steve, I was there for my 2, the only thing I forgot was the Earplugs !
Them Women can’t half scream whilst they’re giving birth to our kids. Lol.

Congratulations, That first nappy smell you’ll never forget :open_mouth: :smiley:

Congratulations!

PS 5 hours kip? Whatcha going to do with your lie in then :laughing:

Congratulations fella

Congratulations Steve, best feeling in the world becoming a dad. Enjoy :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: congrats mate. good luck for the future

Congratulations ‘Daddy’ it’s the best feeling in the whole world. Our last was a home birth which I was hands on all the way through and it was fantastic. Wish baby, Mammy and Dad well.

Hearty congrats, Steve - here`s wishing the three of you all the very best for the future, mate.
Joy and stress await you in equal measure!! :wink:

Thanks everyone :smiley: as soon as I had skin on skin with her she ■■■■ all down mi arm and jeans :open_mouth: it was like trying to get wet chewing gum off and the same consistency as tarmac :smiley: proud of our lass though she had only gas and air and hardly put up a fuss, mind you she was off her ■■■■! :laughing:
I’m glad it’s only us blokes that sow the seed I couldn’t go through 9 months of not supping ale, smoking tabs and then squeezing a bairn out of a hole that can only usually acomadate 3-4 fingers :wink: :smiley:

congrates mate glad all are doing well !! it was the proudest moment in my life when my little girl was born !!

Congratulations Mate. All the best for the whole family.

Congratulations Steve mate.
I hope mother and baby are both well and doing fine.
Take care and all the best to you and your two special ladies.

Congrats mate. I was there with all our 3 I remember with the first the screams of agony our lass was making and the words “YOU DID THIS TO ME” we still laugh about it. Personaly the best times are when they start exploring and talking. Mine are 15, 9 and 8 now and just as entertaining lol

Congratulations on a job well done,its down hill all the way now.

My proudest moment also.
congratulations on ur new arrival. She ll bring many years of happiness.

Congratulations steve,me and the wife had our first child 3 weeks ago today,
Nothing can prepare you for it and we thought we were all organised.
Been a tough 3 week juggling work and getting used to a new arrival in the house but the wife’s got 9 months off work so she is doing the night feeds :smiley:
My little girl was born at 23:56 on the 1st November after a 19 hour labour and a few complications,but I walked out of pinderfields hospital in the early hours of Sunday morning on my own as proud as I could be but also thinking my god how am I going to look after a baby :smiley: