Eye eye!

After having my right eye cataract done eight months ago, private, at a cost of £2,000, I had my left eye done last week on the NHS and by the same surgeon.
Local aneasthetic, (sp), 15 minute job, nothing to worry about.
Fantastic job, I can now see for miles without specs, though I shall have an eye test shortly as I will probably require reading lenses.

bestbooties:
After having my right eye cataract done eight months ago, private, at a cost of £2,000, I had my left eye done last week on the NHS and by the same surgeon.
Local aneasthetic, (sp), 15 minute job, nothing to worry about.
Fantastic job, I can now see for miles without specs, though I shall have an eye test shortly as I will probably require reading lenses.

Happy days then hopefully, bit of a gutter paying 2 grand and then the same person does it for free later on !!

As I only work 2 shifts a week being semi retired, it’s a paying hobby so the two grand is not much to cover with it giving me another year on my licence, at least that’s one less thing to worry about at my next licence renewal, and up till now everything else is working OK.

i think my optician was a mechanic in a previous life . when i had my last eye test he told me that i have a cataract beginning . i asked what the procedure would be and he uttered the immortal words " let it develop ". i know cataracts take time before they are operable , but it cracked me up when he came out with it .

When I had an eye test about 4 years ago before an HGV medical, the chick that was doing the test told me I had the start of cataracts, and when I asked her when I was likely to go blind she said there was nothing to worry about for ten years!
But with the cataracts getting worse and the tightening of the eyesight test meant that things were fast forwarded a bit to the stage where if I didn’t have one cataract done it was doubtful if I would reach the new standard.