Medical conundrum

Due to have my first periodic medical very soon and have a slight concern…

Was diagnosed with high blood pressure well over 10 yrs ago, DVLA never informed. BP well controlled with medication, well below the medical limits…but, should I declare it now?
Will it cause me a problem because it’s never been declared before?

DonutUK:
Due to have my first periodic medical very soon and have a slight concern…

Was diagnosed with high blood pressure well over 10 yrs ago, DVLA never informed. BP well controlled with medication, well below the medical limits…but, should I declare it now?
Will it cause me a problem because it’s never been declared before?

yes and it wont be a problem

■■■■■, I was diagnosed as having high BP 10 years ago. I have taken Ramipiril and Amlodipine ever since and it is no problem. By the way, if it is your own GP doing your medical, then he/she fills out the form and is legally bound to declare your high BP.

The doctor who takes your medical will take your BP and enter It on your D4, and ask you if you are on any medication.
Remember when having it taken, try to relax, do NOT speak, or cross your legs, as such simple things can raise your BP quite a bit.
The BP allowance on the D4 is quite generous at 180/100, I had no trouble passing with a BP of 170/96, it was so high because I was worried that I might fail my eye test. (Which I passed anyway).
If it is a little high, ask the doctor to take it again, and again if necessary as it nearly always goes down every time it is taken.

DO NOT tell the dvla anything you don’t have to.

DO NOT tell the dvla anything you don’t have to.

+1