Ebola

Carryfast:

amamdada:
My problem with this is that originally through inaccurate or convenient reporting I was under the impression that once infected that was your lot,but recent events would suggest that survival is possible its just dependant on the standard of healthcare available to you. As usual the UK and US governments would rather waste millions on killing a few terrorists whose possible impact on the world as we know it pales into insignificance compared to the spread of Ebola if it is not contained.Lets be under no illusions here our government are happy to sacrifice a few of us rather than take any measures that would impact on global commerce but keep this country and its population safe. I wonder how much you will get fined if you bring the disease into the country as that is their hamfisted approach to drivers and companies who unknowingly bring illegal immigrants into the country and after all that policy is such a success …not! I have just been watching Boris Johnson on TV acknowledging that TB is on the increase particularly in London just goes to show how a really effective immunisation program which the UK used to have and has seen many common historic diseases almost eradicated can be so quickly undermined by a few successive governments with no effective border control policy.

There’s no less reason to think that a mortality rate of around 50% + applies wherever you are in the world if you’re unfortunate enough to get infected with it.So far we’v got one dead in the states who western health care couldn’t save and one survived here.The Spanish nurse doesn’t seem to be in the clear yet but even if she survives that wouldn’t establish a less than 50% rate without at least one more example and probably a lot more more to establish if there’s any difference in mortality here compared with Africa.I wouldn’t want to bet on it with my or anyone else’s life thanks.The US and UK governments really have lost the plot on this one just like that issue of re importing TB etc owing to an open door immigration/travel policy with dangerous health problem areas.

The problem with in Africa is that people are scared to report their family member is infected as the know the authorities will take the the sick person away plus anyone who has has contact with the victim has to be quarantined then when they die they will not be able to grieve over the body wash the body as its taken away for cremation not berried which is customary .obviously this isn’t the whole reason why it has spread but a major factor