Knowing when it's over

I don’t know whether I’m really looking for advice or not - I’m in a bit of a quandary.

I’ve been married for 20 years now, have 3 great kids, oldest just off to university, but I’m not sure whether I still want to be married to my wife. We’re more like friends these days than partners, we’ve grown apart over the years to the point that we have nothing in common any more - even holidays, I want to go somewhere new, she would rather have a week at home.

I’m away all week, and spend most of the time at home in my own world, rather than getting into arguments. I’m not saying it’s her fault, or mine, I just think we’ve become such different people over the years.

There’s nobody else involved, nor do I want there to be, my only concern is for the kids. I don’t want to do anything until the oldest is settled at uni, if at all.

I’m guessing this is not going to be a unique story amongst truckers, so would be grateful for anything people can share with me.

Many thanks

Only you can answer that one mate,nobody else,i hated my ex wife with a passion,i couldnt stand the sight or sound of her in the end,i used to stop in the lorry or at my mates even when i was home,she told me to f off one day and that triggered me off,next day got in touch with my gaffer to have day off,got my mate with his van ,got my stuff and i was gone,never want to see the woman ever again,evil horrible oxygen thief ,no kids involved though :smiling_imp:

If you’re still friends then maybe all is not lost, over 20yrs things go stale, you take things for granted and stop trying. Try sitting down and talking, tell her what you’re feeling and that you want more from the marriage, but be gentle as women are psychos :laughing:

If you can’t stand the sight of her and dread or avoid going home, then that’s different, maybe then it is better for you both to go your separate ways.