Another one bites the dust!

I have finally given in.
I had a quite bad accident last Saturday week (17/4) and have been told if it hadn’t been a Scania, I would be dead. Total write off and I was lucky enough to walk away with just bad bruising and a badly cut arm. The bruises have started ‘coming out’ this weekend and I am in agony now lol I had xrays for a broken hand and wrist but these proved negative. However… when I attended the Doctors on the Monday evening, I was unable to give the ‘right’ answers. Consequently, the Doc has recommended to the DVLA suspending my licence. I have since had lots of blood tests and have to go see some ‘ologist’ or other in the near future.
Basically, I believe I passed out!!! This was the third such similar incident in the last month although the previous two times, I had been very lucky but til last Saturday I wasn’t sure what was going on (wondering if I had fallen asleep etc). But last Saturday is very clear in my mind I remember deciding to pull into the next layby which was 200 yards and next thing being thrown across engine cover whilst the whole world collapsed in on me.
I don’t mind discussing it on here and admitting to these things in public because I have decided I am not even going to apply for my licence back!! I do not want to become a murderer and spend 7 years as Leroys ■■■■■ just because I was too proud to admit there is something wrong with me.
I have all the usual illnesses that we suffer from … diabetic type 2 under control, high blood pressure under control but the last 6 months my breathing has gotten worse and now I can’t even walk up the stairs without becoming short of breath.

So after 33 years spent wandering the highways and byways of UK and Europe, another bites the dust. I have had some wonderful times and like everyone, some ■■■■■ times but overall, I have loved every minute!! I wouldn’t have done anything different.
To me, it is just a shame that all my experience will go down the drain but office jobs seem few and far between.

This is what I walked away from… but remember it is a LEFT hand drive, not a right ■■■■■■.

Sorry to hear your bad news m8,i was involved in a really bad accident over 2yrs ago and was told i was minutes from death,i smashed my body to pieces and im just about ok now,i spent a month in hospital [bed bound]i was a total mess ,i couldnt cope with the pain physical and mental,one day i was on a all time downer and this jamaican bloke who was in a bed nearby said to me ,you have been lucky and given another chance,looking at that photo, a couple of cms you would not have been making this post,you have been very lucky and given another chance,i hope things turn out ok ,keep us posted. :neutral_face:

Used to enjoy your Portuguese blogs,Bear. None of us give up trucking but one day comes along & trucking gives us up.I miss it & don’t miss it at the same time. If you were with a Dutch company they would have you in the office in a heartbeat. Hope you do well in your new career.

Your alive that’s what counts …
If I’m honest I would prob walk too.
last year I had 2 scrapes in 2 weeks none my fault and only taps both times being me that’s rear ended.
I swore if I get a 3rd i’ll walk and go shelf filling.

Chin up and good luck …

Sorry to here about your accident but pleased to read your post as it means you are ok ish as well as expected

Hope you do get better soon & find something hope you still come on here to give advice to the younger generation coming through

take care ■■■ hope to ride shotgun again some day :wink:

Keep your chin up Austin. It could’ve been a lot worse.

Glad to hear you walked away from that !